What' s your favorite hand saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one from stihl works great for me.

made in Japan and sharp as can be.45 bucks and available around the corner.

I just got a Silky and like it a lot. I don't really have any experience with the other brands though. I had a carpenters saw on a bungee chord for a couple of weeks so this one is decisively better.

oh20.

toppedmaples011.jpg

That and some rope of course. I know , i am an idiot. Guess what? I am off to buy the most expensive hand saw there is ... right now. Probably get something that straps to my leg instead of my belt. I just have to figure out when to use it.
Just so I don't sound even more like an idiot how do you pronounce it?:confused: :)

oh20.

toppedmaples011.jpg

That and some rope of course. I know , i am an idiot. Guess what? I am off to buy the most expensive hand saw there is ... right now. Probably get something that straps to my leg instead of my belt. I just have to figure out when to use it.
Just so I don't sound even more like an idiot how do you pronounce it?:confused: :)

Eeew

I pronounce it fanno.

Goes for 20 bucks, anything it cant cut fast enough gets a chainsaw.

Customized Sugoi on the left hip, the Zubat looks like a winner too.

Wouldn't be yours if it wasn't custom. Check out my saddle rating and talk to me about those fish knots you use on your butterfly cause I am going there. Also lets see the custom 16 inch razor blade ya got. I should get one , something cooler than those old coronas.

Those old coronas

I like old corona on my left hip, Its been there for a long time now.

Those straight blades have thier purpose too though if you really get into the
fine pruning sometimes.

But I suck and am a dinasaur at almost 36, my saddles probably close to as old as me as well...so I dont know much really. In fact its a wonder I've made it this far.

I really do need to upgrade the saddle next spring though, lol.

I used to think the Silky Sugoi was the be all and end all of hand saws. I especially like the hook shape at the end of the blade and the handle. It extends your reach a good foot and a half when you're in a tree. Hold the blade and reach with the handle if you need to snag a rope. But it's friggin huge and can be a little unwieldy sometimes.

I got a Samurai Ichiban this year. Nice and light, sharp as heck, and about half the price of a Silky. For that price, I can just replace the saw when it gets dull, instead of messing around with changing the blade. I still like the Sugoi, but I end up using the Samurai more often now.

Yea, the ibuki looks nice. No problem admitting that.

I can do a sharp lookin electrical tape job on my fanno too though.

Old saws I found that I took in and had sharpened, one is a Henry Disston the other says Marshall Wells. They zing through a 2x10 in seconds. Never used them in a tree. On my climbing belt I have a cheap folding saw that is there in case I get pinched, don't use very much at all.

Sugoi/big tiger
attachment.php
the plastic clip needs to be replaced with something more secure so we don't have any surprise detachments. this has worked out well fer me:clap:

Latest posts

Back