wood splitter breaker update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok I finally got the breaker point back for my hydraulic breaker. The guy built it really strong. It should last a long time. It might need some modifications but we'll see. I still have some fine tuning to do with the breaker. It sits at a little of an angle I need to shim it so it's straight up and down. It split the oak block really easy and a dry silver maple. It didn't want to split the pine. I think it's just to soft. I really just need it for hardwood so I think it will be fine. I will try and get a video this weekend and post it. Here are some pics.

Scott

Nice

Man, Scott that's nice. Looks like it'll be pretty good. now all's you need is something to keep the blocks from falling over after they're split. that's a lot of trips in and out of that skid steer to stand them back up!:laugh: Do you think it'll do a 4 way wedge?

I doubt it on the 4-way. I just want it to quarter the really big rounds that are to much to lift and roll around. Then 'll use the super splitter. I can stand a piece back up with the wedge if it falls. I was just playing with tht wood to see if it would work.

Scott

Latest posts

Back