"money is no object" chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You probably need atleast a 144" bar on that rig.

Who cares if money is no object gimmie twelve foot and remote camera's on each end and a super sound system built in lap top so I can keep it touch with ya"all and a solid Gold key platinum trim enough worklight bars to almost require a sub station I mean I can dream if money don't get in the way!
Ohhhhh edit the brown tree cutter and put in a fecon instead
have it capable of raising ten foot rotating I also want fold down
extra foots for rough ground air ride Etc.

Last edited:
I don't think the factory did that, just offered a kit, I think it was the same for the 10 cube but even so that is one fine list!!

I'll take twin 44s while you'r at it!

Later,

The 10 cube 090 wasn't ever offered to the buying public here (as a saw or as a kit). I got some inside info from a Stihl dealer I used to work for, who made the trip to Stihl Germany in 1974 to work with production engineers on building a stronger lower-end for the 090. What they came up with was a slightly longer crankcase with extra gusseting and six cylinder mounting bolts. There were 66mm and 70mm versions made. According to what Ron knows, Peter Stihl kept the 10-cube prototype motors, using a handful as go-kart motors for his kids (there's been a few 10-cube saws that have trickled into the states since.)

Ron brought four of the 6 base-screw 137cc saws and one of the 164cc saws back with him. The 164cc saw is in the hands of a private collector, and theres two left of the 6 base-screw 137cc saws.

The Mac 101b kartsaw was an actual production line saw. It was offered both as a saw and as a kit. Most dealers chose the kit version as it was much cheaper to convert 125s they had in stock.

Last edited:
The 10 cube 090 wasn't ever offered to the buying public here (as a saw or as a kit). I got some inside info from a Stihl dealer I used to work for, who made the trip to Stihl Germany in 1974 to work with production engineers on building a stronger lower-end for the 090. What they came up with was a slightly longer crankcase with extra gusseting and six cylinder mounting bolts. There were 66mm and 70mm versions made. According to what Ron knows, Peter Stihl kept the 10-cube prototype motors, using a handful as go-kart motors for his kids (there's been a few 10-cube saws that have trickled into the states since.)

Ron brought four of the 6 base-screw 137cc saws and one of the 164cc saws back with him. The 164cc saw is in the hands of a private collector, and theres two left of the 6 base-screw 137cc saws.

The Mac 101b kartsaw was an actual production line saw. It was offered both as a saw and as a kit. Most dealers chose the kit version as it was much cheaper to convert 125s they had in stock.

Dean had a 10 cube he was working on and posted some pictures of it . . . somewhere . . I'll look around.

Dennis knows all about the 101 saws, I forget all the details but what you'r saying sounds about right on both of them.

Dean had a 10 cube he was working on and posted some pictures of it . . . somewhere . . I'll look around.

Dennis knows all about the 101 saws, I forget all the details but what you'r saying sounds about right on both of them.

I know Dean has one, he said it belongs to a customer? He was freshening it up from what I recall...

I know Dean has one, he said it belongs to a customer? He was freshening it up from what I recall...

Thats it, the name of the thread is - look at this - here is a picture

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back