Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dump wasnt hard to do at all. The hardest part was sizing the cylinders to give egought dump capicity and lift angle. There is a good bit of math involved. But that is figured out, it is just fabbing everything together, which is the fun part.

LD1,

That is nicely done, but you need a few more leafs in the rear. :hmm3grin2orange:

If you have before...during....after pictures, then start a thread on it, plenty of folks would like to see the process and know the sources and costs.

:clap:

LD1,

That is nicely done, but you need a few more leafs in the rear. :hmm3grin2orange:

If you have before...during....after pictures, then start a thread on it, plenty of folks would like to see the process and know the sources and costs.

:clap:

I have pleanty of pics so I guess I'll start a new thread in the pics forum.

I do have enought u-bolt for about 3 more leafs, but I didn't have anymore to put in there:hmm3grin2orange:

You guys are really only seeing just over a half cord in that ford with rounds piled up over the cab? I have the same sized bed in my f250.Last weekend threw up to just barely over level with the bed, no sides and nowhere near that high and I had .4 cords stacked....and that picture has big rounds which once split and stacked takes up more room or at least make up for the air space taken up by throwing it in....that's easy 3/4 cord probably a bit more IMHO.

P.S. LD1's flat bed dump kicks butt :)

I have pleanty of pics so I guess I'll start a new thread in the pics forum.

I do have enought u-bolt for about 3 more leafs, but I didn't have anymore to put in there:hmm3grin2orange:

It's firewood related, so keep the thread in here. :)

2z68c4h.jpg

Being a poor college kid sucks, its my everyday ride. I gave up about a year ago trying to keep it clean

I have always figured....let what happens happen in the bed and keep the rest of the truck perfect. You can always Rhino glaze the bed before you sell it.

I have always figured....let what happens happen in the bed and keep the rest of the truck perfect. You can always Rhino glaze the bed before you sell it.

My truck gets used as a truck and looks as such. It's in good shape, the paint is pretty decent, but it has it's battle scars, bumps and bruises. My truck is my daily driver, wood hauler, and weekend warrior (off roading). I wouldn't drive it any different if it was a 2010 model or a 1980 - the only exception being if it was NOT my daily driver and it was older I would beat it senseless, just because it's fun :cheers: Other than that one caveat, a truck gets used like a truck regardless of age and condition.

i suppose i can contribute to this.
last year pic of the wood hauler. did a lot of work to it this year. lots of new parts on it to make it a more capable/rust free.
82k-10004.jpg

and the rest of our setup. only thing missing is the homelite and the 4x5 trailer
unknown021.jpg

foursaps,I love your truck! Esp the headache rack/rear window guard! I wish I could find one of those aolder chevys in rust free condition,the 73-87-(91 crew cab) were my favorite trucks of all time....My dream truck is a loaded 91 3+3 3500 SRW 4x4 ,drop in a cummins 12V diesel,and 6 speed manual trans...

Nice stuff....80 Chev?....TW3?

Its an '81 or newer. '80 was the last year for the front turn signal vertical, starting in '81 the front turn signal was horizontal, the front fenders also sloped down, the cowling was gone. But the 73'87 are very similar. The stuff that came later was a big let down, in my opinion.

I had an 80 one ton sw chev brand new. Great truck. Had headers and an under bed dump set up.

It had that same back of the cab molding that was why I thought it was the same year.

I had an 80 one ton sw chev brand new. Great truck. Had headers and an under bed dump set up.

It had that same back of the cab molding that was why I thought it was the same year.

I was just 6 yrs old when he got it,but I remember me going with Dad to get his new 76 C30 3+3 crew cab 454 dually...back then you couldnt get the 454 and 4wd together in a 3+3,it was the 350 4x4 or 454 2wd,so he got the 454,and the biggest warn winch they made...what a wood hauler it was,we loaded it over the custom made side boards,level with the top of the cab...

foursaps,I love your truck! Esp the headache rack/rear window guard! I wish I could find one of those aolder chevys in rust free condition,the 73-87-(91 crew cab) were my favorite trucks of all time....My dream truck is a loaded 91 3+3 3500 SRW 4x4 ,drop in a cummins 12V diesel,and 6 speed manual trans...

Couple years back, found an earlier chevy 3500, crew cab , A/C, 4x4, srw, 454, 80Kmiles, color matched cap, and it came with a 3yr old 18' car hauler.......$3K.

Couldn't get the funds together before another buyer came through with ready money. Would have made the perfect family, firewood hauler.

What a beast of a frame it had though, and no rust on the body.

Yep, talk about :bang:

Here is my hauler

'95 F250 4X4 extra cab, powerstroke w/ automatic. Home built dump trailer from stuff I scavenged including an old mobile home frame/axles and hydraulics from a truck with a lift gate. The cat loader and ford tractor live on the farm my girlfriend's parents own.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice stuff....80 Chev?....TW3?

it's and 82 k-10. has a 350 bored .030 over, th350, np208 (all recently rebuilt) need to source some 3/4 ton or 1 ton axles for it then it'll be a perfect wood hauler. since that pic I put a 2.5" lift and 33x12.5's on it (swamper's), new doors, new hood, rebuilt the bed and cab, lots of time into it, but it's worth it! I love the 73-87 chevy's.
i had a 73 2500 4x4 before this and that thing was a beast! wish i didn't get rid of it, but the long bed made it a little difficult to maneuver in the woods. plus it was rust holding hands for a body.
IMG_0532-1-1.jpg

the splitter is a TW2, plenty for what we do. wish it had the log lift, but we're young and can handle it for now.

atv is a bombardier outlander 400.

i am in the processs of making a real headache rack, haven't really had the time to weld it all up, too much firewood cutting. right now it's just a pile of metal!

did you put the under bed dump on yourself? i have been looking into making on for this truck, but how much re-enforcing of the bed did you have to do?

i

did you put the under bed dump on yourself? i have been looking into making on for this truck, but how much re-enforcing of the bed did you have to do?

It has been 30 years since I had it and researched it again with my new Chev and went with the Truckcraft insert after comparing. There are some sites with underbed set ups that come with kits that include the reinforcement.

I ran a thread a while back on "underbed dumps" I think and you might find it by searching it on AS.

Back