Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'95 F250 4X4 extra cab, powerstroke w/ automatic. Home built dump trailer from stuff I scavenged including an old mobile home frame/axles and hydraulics from a truck with a lift gate. The cat loader and ford tractor live on the farm my girlfriend's parents own.

Nice set up :cheers:

Here's my micro wood hauler. Home Depot garden cart with lawn tractor axles. I'm working on 4WS as well as suspension improvements. I only cut wood for us so the small capacity isn't an issue. The size is an asset when I'm threading my way through our woods.........

I use this golf cart with a trailer made from a pop up camper. Golf cart is electric and has 6" lift kit and Atv wheels &. Tires. Pulls very good on flat ground but slows down on the hills. Makes quick work of gathering up wood. Trailer needs redone. This time I'll use treated lumber. Lol.

7c4e5d8a.jpg

Fixed your picture for you.

I use this golf cart with a trailer made from a pop up camper. Golf cart is electric and has 6" lift kit and Atv wheels &. Tires. Pulls very good on flat ground but slows down on the hills. Makes quick work of gathering up wood. Trailer needs redone. This time I'll use treated lumber. Lol.

http://emob37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/scag52/7c4e5d8a.jpg?t=1264773623
That is the first time I've seen someone use a golf cart for towing stuff, very cool. How long can you go on one charge?

That is the first time I've seen someone use a golf cart for towing stuff, very cool. How long can you go on one charge?

All day no problem. It will suprise you how well they work. It goes through mud and water ,even snow. The only thing is on hills it will slow Down but it just keeps on moving. I usually charge it once a week or if I plan on hauling wood I will have on charge the night before. It's a 36volt , I would love to have 48 volt. Way better. They make boxes for the back also. Check em out on eBay. I have a tractor with a bucket and a big 4x4 fourwheeler and this thing works better than them.

Golf Carts are great.I have a gas yamaha that I use around the yard and you are right,people are suprised at what they can do.I pulled a 29' travel trailer into my barn with it...

I use mine to pull my boat in and out of the shop too. One reason i bought it was so that when a friend would come over to work on a deer stand back in the woods we could throw some tools on back and both ride out instead of taking fourwheelers. I bought a gas yamaha and am going to try it out (needs some work). I hear they work better on the hills.

Did you put a lift on yours ?

yeah,it's got a lift almost too much,My dads wife can hardly get on it :biggrinbounce2: It's a 7 inch lift and the tires add another 2"

Golf cars are great.I use them to tow all the time..I have carryall 2'a they are a golf cart on steroids...bigger engine,4 wheel brakes,1200lb payload....I have towed 4000lb Air compressors around the course,chippers,boats,you name it.....the carryall will also drag 40ft tall trees up to around 8" around,esp if you put a few hundred lbs of the stump,and bottom rounds in the bed for weight....:cheers:

I bought my wife this gas cart after she had an electric one for several years. The electric one, with lift kit and oversize tires, just didn't have the power to negotiate the firebreaks and hills. It did fine on flat ground, but the gas one is great, and she would rather lose me than the golfcart. In fact, all I have to do to make her "see things my way" is threaten to take away the cart.:biggrinbounce2:

IIRC, it cost about $5500 new.

Well I'm going to have to get gas yamaha I bought for 200.00 bucks running. You convinced me.

Well I'm going to have to get gas yamaha I bought for 200.00 bucks running. You convinced me.

Nice! I had yamaha's for 10 yrs, we had G1's (2 strokes) with reverse on the key.Then G2's and G9's (4 strokes).Check the frame on the G2,s and G9's,by the rear axle,they are weak there...otherwise great carts,you may need to tie up the wiring with zip ties so you dont tear the wiring harness out going thru the woods......Ive done that several times...

Mines a 96 Yamaha G-14 added a back seat. Its great, I had a 97 EZGO I lifted and added big wheels that I sold to purchase a Rhino.....BIG Mistake!! really miissed the quit cart. Bought the Yamaha G-14 and sold the Rhino. We take six people back in the woods drinking beer and just puttin and talkin. Everybidy loves it.

Latest posts

Back