Gave away one of my rebuilt 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
Reaction score
My step-son (He was a adult when I entered the Family)called a few weeks ago, he burned up two wildthings on one tree. He was calling to say he was coming over that weekend.
When he got here I gave him a really nice 026. He seemed happy but thought with Stihl you were just buying a name, and he couldn't afford that. Fast forward three weeks I hadn't heard anything from him until today, he called and said man that saw is a world better than his past saws.

He said he didn't realize how much faster the 026 was until he hit a rock with it and went back to a wildthing and he said he cut with it for a few min. thin went and sharpened the Stihl.

I told him there is no comparing a pro saw with home owner saw. I also added it gets worse wait till you come over and try my 036, you will want a bigger Stihl.

My long story is over.:clap::clap:

I forgot to say how bad it hurt seeing it leave, but now I am so happy he likes it! I also got some points with the wife.

Last edited:
I`ll say good on you also, we know what goes around comes around and I too have given 3 of these saws to friends, not my relatives but they have all been well received ,appreciated and at some point I will get something back. It will all work out in the end I always say.
Pioneerguy600

Very good of you to help your stepson out like that. I hope your kindness is re payed at some point.

A Wildthing is a good starter saw, but now that he has tried a Stihl, he might become a saw addict! Just don't let him borrow any of your other saws, you might see them again!:greenchainsaw:

Update, I got the saw back.

3762296418_e395124f69.jpg

I got the saw back last night. He said he was using the Stihl oil I gave him, I havn't looked at it much. I just pulled the cyclender off and sure enough there is why it wont start. I haven't decided what I'll do with it.

"he burned up two wildthings on one tree"

And now he burned up a stihl? I think this one might point to operator error.

I was using my 33cc homelite bandit with a .325 14" bar on 18" red oak limbs for a season before I got my 5100. It still runs fine after about 5 cord of cutting (aside from never getting the thing to idle right since new).

"he burned up two wildthings on one tree"

And now he burned up a stihl? I think this one might point to operator error.

I was using my 33cc homelite bandit with a .325 14" bar on 18" red oak limbs for a season before I got my 5100. It still runs fine after about 5 cord of cutting (aside from never getting the thing to idle right since new).

You make a good point!

3762296418_e395124f69.jpg

I got the saw back last night. He said he was using the Stihl oil I gave him, I havn't looked at it much. I just pulled the cyclender off and sure enough there is why it wont start. I haven't decided what I'll do with it.

Is it scored on the intake side too? Lets not hang the guy just yet.

So who eats the cost of this one, you or the step son? What a shame. Did you check teh gas tank?

Back