361 dies between cuts ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
just started using my 361 a couple of days ago, gotta say it is a smoooootttthhhh cuttin saw, and will likely replace my favorite ported 360 pro..
however, when bucking, sometimes in between cuts it'll idle down and die..
plug looks good, air filter clean, i don't git it ??
switch the trigget to fast start and it fires right back up..
i did notice when i open the fuel cap it has a hissing sound ??
was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with theirs ??
i've read that they can be a little finiky till they have some time on em, this saw's probably got about 8 tanks through it so far..
i know, i know, the 361 cures cancer and all, and ya should'nt say anything bad about em and all, but this ones got me konfuzed !!!

ok, you husky guys.......have at it....... no, i changed my mind, be quiet !!!

well, ok, i'll give that a try...
i was'nt sure if this was one of the things that others have had...

and the hissing happens wheather it's warm/hot or the next day/cold when refueling ???
thanks guys

If the saw is under warrantee, haul it back to you dealer and have them adjust the carb. My ms361 has a funky carb that seems to have two stages of low idle; a high stage just after it comes down from full throttle and a low hole that is seems to hit after about 5-10 seconds at idle. Trick with this saw is to set the carb such that it drops like a rock when you release the trigger, but does not die with it hits the low hole. Mine is very finicky, requiring adjustments on almost a daily basis depending on atmospheric conditions. Mostly it is the L side, but the L setting seems to also affect the H side as well. If you don’t already own one, you should invest in a good tach. Good Luck.

If the saw is under warrantee, haul it back to you dealer and have them adjust the carb. My ms361 has a funky carb that seems to have two stages of low idle; a high stage just after it comes down from full throttle and a low hole that is seems to hit after about 5-10 seconds at idle. Trick with this saw is to set the carb such that it drops like a rock when you release the trigger, but does not die with it hits the low hole. Mine is very finicky, requiring adjustments on almost a daily basis depending on atmospheric conditions. Mostly it is the L side, but the L setting seems to also affect the H side as well. If you don’t already own one, you should invest in a good tach. Good Luck.

make minute adjustments,,,, It may also require Idle adjustment as well

Dont know the story on this saw but have seen a pinhole leak in the fuel line cause similar symptoms,,,

thanks for all yer input fellas,
i had thought about tweaking the L side on the carb but this thing is kinda goofy..
after cold start i let er sit for awhile and the idle is high enough that the clutch is engaging/pinging/ moving chain, ya know what i mean...
after she's warmed up, not so obvious !!!

i've read so much about these being finiky at an early life i thought i'd ask before messin with the carb...

also, i had thought of richening the low side a tad cause it'd most likely eliminate the issue after the cold start (above)...

i think you guys confirmed that now...

thanks again guys, i'll give er a whirl.

Latest posts

Back