saturdays Cutting.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have about three acres that I'm clearing a little at a time. I plan to eventually have it where I can use a bushog on it and keep it clear.It is basically a grown up jungle .I used my dads kubota to build the road.I cut up two big poplars that had blown down last fall,I know poplar is not great firewood but I hate to waste anything.
I intend to mix it with my other wood and use it in early fall or spring time heating.
Anyway I had to cut them up anyway to be able to get to the good stuff.many oaks and hickory standing in this patch of woods.and best part,,,there all mine whenever I want them.

Last edited:
Surprised how green it is there this early in the year.

That is a jungle.
attachment.php

attachment.php

"many oaks and hickory standing in this patch of woods.and best part,,,there all mine whenever I want them."

It's good to be the king!!! Looks like you've got some nice toys to play with as well. It's great to be in the woods.:)

Looks like you've got some nice toys to play with as well. It's great to be in the woods.:)

Thanks,,I built the splitter back in the winter .I've purchased the cub new in 04 and honestly dont know how I ever lived with out it.I built a hydraulic bed dump and added a winch to the front.It sure has held up well .The only thing that has ever been replaced was one of the coils on the honda engine.
I generally load it a lot heavier than shown but I'm climbing up a pretty steep area and anymore wood than I have here will fall out .

Looks like you had a productive saturday. Always nice when you can take your time on a job. Nice set-up ya got. What brand of splitter ?

Beefie

Surprised how green it is there this early in the year.

Green up is running ahead up here by 2 to 4 weeks. Some stuff like grass is just a smidge ahead of schedule, other stuff like rhododendrons that shouldn't bloom till mid-May are already!

I was wondering if I was imaging things till one of the fire weather forecasts last week mentioned green up was ahead of schedule.

Latest posts

Back