Saturdays Haul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I ran into a friend of mine friday night and in the course of converstion he asked if I needed any firewood.My reply ,I can always use some wood.
He is a log buyer and reseller and many of the logs need to be trimmed off on the ends.I picked up one load saturday and there is probably 15 more that he has given me.He is glad to get it out of his way.we used his loader to load this stuff so that made it easier for me.most of the rounds are short end cuts with a few longer pieces here and there.hard to make neat stacks but I dont mind piling it up.
Need to find a good set of tongs.

Last edited:
That looks like a good problem to have. It might be a pain in the butt to stack but it will be worth it come winter. Good score.

Beefie

Free wood is good wood! It burns just as well if it's in a stack or a pile. Good Score!

I ran into a friend of mine friday night and in the course of converstion he asked if I needed any firewood.My reply ,I can always use some wood.
He is a log buyer and reseller and many of the logs need to be trimmed off on the ends.I picked up one load saturday and there is probably 15 more that he has given me.He is glad to get it out of his way.we used his loader to load this stuff so that made it easier for me.most of the rounds are short end cuts with a few longer pieces here and there.hard to make neat stacks but I dont mind piling it up.
Need to find a good set of tongs.

Pics look great!!!

End pieces from log yards make great wood but like you say it's better piled than stacked. Free wood, great wood.:)........Creeker

Something about that free wood that makes it worth it when working in all this heat. Come this heating season, you'll remember each and every piece.
Nice pics.

Thanks!

Back