VS. 385xp update.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After not being very impressed by the 385 in my VS. video last week I broke it back down.
The results, 20 more lbs of compression and with my cut time I shaved 3 seconds off the same cut in the video.
The 385 is now not quite a 1/2 second behind my best 660 in the same log with the same bar and chain.
I must admit, I do like it. Could be a trend.:jawdrop:
Merry Christmas.

After not being very impressed by the 385 in my VS. video last week I broke it back down.
The results, 20 more lbs of compression and with my cut time I shaved 3 seconds off the same cut in the video.
The 385 is now not quite a 1/2 second behind my best 660 in the same log with the same bar and chain.
I must admit, I do like it. Could be a trend.:jawdrop:
Merry Christmas.

Cool,,,, lemme guess,,, did it take additional deck height change and a lil more popup a smidge more transfer height & intake timing and left the exhaust height alone???:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Last edited:
Cool,,,, lemme guess,,, did it take additional deck height change and a lil more popup a smidge more transfer height & intake timing and left the exhaust alone???:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Close. I milled the base a little more, widened the exhaust quite a bit more. I also put new rings in it. Once the rings are seated I will make a video.

Good to hear the husky is running good. I will also look forward to the video. Keep up the good work.

Cool, can't wait for the video.

I think a modded 385xp would be the ultimate one firewood saw.

I might just send my 375xp out, get it tuned to the hilt and see how it does.

Cool, can't wait for the video.

I think a modded 385xp would be the ultimate one firewood saw.

I might just send my 375xp out, get it tuned to the hilt and see how it does.

Like you all know, I bleed Stihl orange, I just sawed a couple of giant cookies with the 385 this afternoon.
I liked it, bottom line. I also think Husky's are easier to work on, with the exception of milling the base, that sucks.
I am sure I will get a couple more. Nothing will replace what I already have, I will just have more saws!

Lower your intake port about .050" and raduis the piston leading into the exhaust port about the same amount and see what happens.

that is why there is more than one brand.

when you buy allt he ones you like from one MFG.you can start buying from another.you never want to run out of options.

Back