Dolmar 30" Bar Question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Reaction score
Hi.

Was just bragging about getting a cheap second hand, near new Oregon 30" bar + 2 chains for a PS7900 in another thread but just realised the supplied chains will be too short (they are only just long enough to get around the bar, that'll own any sprocket).

The Husky dealer I bought the bar from (Oregon Power Match Plus .063" 3/8" 105DL - Code 323XXXD009 HD) said it would fit the Dolmar PS-7900 but he'd have to knock a couple of links out down from 105DL to 103DL for it to fit (he was checking the Oregon Manual he had).

I can't find any reference to this bar on the Oregon website and when doing a bar search to suit Dolmar a Power Match Plus 30" bar with 105DL doesn't come up. 98DL comes up for the Super 70 and Vanguard bars.

Although the dealer will fix it for nothing I thought I'd ask if anybody knows just how many Drive Links the bar/saw would need as we both either read the manual wrong or the manual WAS wrong? He said the D009 fitment will suit a Dolmar but I don't actually have my new saw yet to check for sure(anyday now).

Thanks for any help, greatly appreciated.

Matt.

323 means that the bar (nominally) is a 32" .063 one.

Whan does the bar itself tell you about the dl count - the info should be there.....

Edit; As far as I can find out, most 30" Oregon ones take 98dl, and the 32" ones 105dl, both for Husky and Dolmar saws.

Last edited:
Good point about the code. Thanks.
I reckon you're right and he's given me a 32" bar, thinking its a 30" bar then shortened the chains accordingly (but has been wrong).
Overall bar length is 890mm (35") so I gather you're right on the money.
Thanks mate. I'll get in touch with him and pretty sure you've nailed that question.
I hadn't even contemplated it was a 32" bar.
The bar does say 105DL but in my infancy I thought maybe the DL changed depending on saw/sprocket type etc.

Last edited:
The bar does say 105DL but in my infancy I thought maybe the DL changed depending on saw/sprocket type etc.

Usually not, when the mount pattern is the same (D009 = "Large Husky" in this case).

Using large rims, like 9-pin, sometimes make the chain need an extra dl......

Last edited:
Just checked the Oregon Selector Guide again and the Power Match Plus bar does come up under Dolmar PS7900, 32", and 105DL.
Thanks SawTroll. Great work :)
Problem solved (I hope).

Back