Stihl white...ford grey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well some of you might have seen another post of mine where I was trying to match Stihl white with Rustolem. Well long story short I ended up using Valspar Ford Grey from TSC. It's a VERY close match. Just wanted to share the info. The lighting is different but the actual colors are too close to one another is hard to tell the difference. WDO
IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

Last edited:
Well some of you might have seen another post of mine where I was trying to match Stihl white with Rustolem. Well long story short I ended up using Valspar Ford Grey from TSC. It's a VERY close match. Just wanted to share the info. The lighting is different but the actual colors are close close to one another to tell the difference. WDO
IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG
That is a great match.

Well some of you might have seen another post of mine where I was trying to match Stihl white with Rustolem. Well long story short I ended up using Valspar Ford Grey from TSC. It's a VERY close match. Just wanted to share the info. The lighting is different but the actual colors are close close to one another to tell the difference. WDO
IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

+1, looks great!!

Looks good enough to me. Personally I don't care for the Stihl paint it's thin and takes about 500 coats to cover. so I've been testing out different brands and this one looks like a winner to me.

TSC has 2 valspar rattle can tractor paints. I believe one is an enamel. The other is a urethane (restoration). I have used both on tractors for a few years. They both hold up very well. The better stuff with hardener in a spray gun is incrediblely durable. WDO

Ford Grey

Looks slick. I doubt anyone could tell the difference without a shop fresh one next to it.

IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

Just checking to see how close my cover turned out today.

IMG_3261.JPG

Well some of you might have seen another post of mine where I was trying to match Stihl white with Rustolem. Well long story short I ended up using Valspar Ford Grey from TSC. It's a VERY close match. Just wanted to share the info. The lighting is different but the actual colors are too close to one another is hard to tell the difference. WDO

I had picked up a can of this paint as well at TSC and planned on trying it on my Stihls. Now that I know if works/matches so well I don't have to do a test first. Thanks...Carl

+1. Never had trouble getting the grey to cover. The orange is another story. It's pretty much worthless. I no longer use it.

TSC has quite a few "oranges" Lots of different old tractors were different shades of orange. I haven't looked into "dressing up" the plastics yet. One nice thing about TSC is that you can take your part right in the store with you and stand there in the aslie and rattle up a can and test a few colors. Nobody even thinks twice about you doing it. WDO

Do you have to bake it in an oven to make it hard enough to take some wear and somewhat gas resistance.
Pioneerguy600

FWIW, a few guys over at tractorbynet use it on their tractors and have reported great results concerning wear and resistance to fuels without any baking. If you make it over there, search for Soundguy's threads (same username on a few tractor sites). He restores old Ford tractors and can offer some feedback regarding long term durability.

If I repaint my tractor I am making the 5 hour drive (one way) to pick some of those paints up from TSC. From what I have seen it will definitely be worth the drive.

Thanks to whitedogone for starting this thread. I wonder if they make that paint in Jonsereds colors? .....

Maybe someone can take a JRED cover it and see......Ford Red, IH Red, MF Red

Latest posts

Back