020AVP carb and throttle linkage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telliott

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been gleaning info for some time but this is my first post. I picked up a good looking 020 that looked like the throttle linkage from up under the handle to the carb had come loose. Saw would start and idle but the throttle didn't work.

After I got it apart, the linkage is bent and the connector at the throttle arm on the carb is broken off. I did some searching here for info on the 020AV and saw a couple of posts stating that the carb could be a problem and should be replaced. This is the side carb model, is there another carb that will fit? Just thought that if I had to buy carb parts and the carb should/could be replaced, I'd try to find a carb.

Is the linkage wire hard to find? I haven't been able to find one online.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
TE

sponser

I'd check with Retoocs555, he is a sponsor here and great to deal with, I know for a fact he has some 020 parts but not sure what. I worked on a ms200t and know what a pain it is, I have a e copy workshop manual pm me your email address and it is yours.

good luck

buck

welcome to the site and stick around.

020 avp info

Message sent.

I'll stick around. Since I found the site, I've been reading and learning for a couple of months. Didn't have much to add yet but appreciate the information and expertise available here.
Thanks
TE

buck futter said:
I'd check with Retoocs555, he is a sponsor here and great to deal with, I know for a fact he has some 020 parts but not sure what. I worked on a ms200t and know what a pain it is, I have a e copy workshop manual pm me your email address and it is yours.

good luck

buck

welcome to the site and stick around.

telliott said:
Is the linkage wire hard to find? I haven't been able to find one online.

You won't find it online. Stihl doesn't sell online. They only sell through authorized dealers. I do know that the linkage is still available from dealers. I bought one for a project AVP I rebuilt last year. Only a couple of bucks if I remember correctly.

Welcome to AS.

I have several AVP parts saws. I do have a throttle linkage. Shoot me a PM and we can work out your mailing address etc.

Why are you replacing the carb rather than cleaning it and replacing the gaskets and diaphram?

retoocs555 said:
I have several AVP parts saws. I do have a throttle linkage. Shoot me a PM and we can work out your mailing address etc.

On the way. If I have trouble and you don't get it soon. Try to send me one [email protected]

Why are you replacing the carb rather than cleaning it and replacing the gaskets and diaphram?

I don't really have to replace the whole thing. The throttle shaft has the linkage connector broken off. Looks like the saw was probably hit with a tree or something and they replaced the case but not the carb part and the wire link from the carb to the front of the handle. Also, saw a post where someone had said that the carb was a problem and they suggested changing it. But they didn't say what the issue was or why. Nobody responded about his comments, sort of looked like they agreed. But the shaft and link would be enough. It starts and runs.

Thanks
TE

Back