025 Across the Street

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Neighbor lady across the street has an 025 that lived in a damp basement full of fuel the last 10 years. A couple of months back a big limb breaks off one of her maples. She asks me to cut it up which I do. Boyfriend at the time comes out with the 025 and said it would not run. I take a look and there is no fuel line left in the tank full of gum and varnish. I tell him fuel line, impulse, carb diaphram and a good cleaning he should be good to go. He got the parts and did a good job of cleaning and changing things out. Afterwords he said he could not get it to run and I figured a good tune and it should run. I told him if she doesn't want the saw I'd give her a 100 bucks for it. He says no, she needs a saw even though she is afraid of the thing.
Fast forward to today. I go over to see if I can get the saw to run right. Took a while to get her set but she is running real good. Boyfriend is no longer so I offer to show the lady how to start and run the saw. Put a edge on it and it cut real good. She said she would like learn but is really afraid so not today. I offer her the hundred bucks and she says no, the ex-boyfriend says she needs a saw.Then she asks when I can come over and cut up a pile of wood laying in her yard:bang:. Anyhow, I drained the gas and let it run dry, I don't see this thing going to work anytime soon. Got to say, loved the saw, light, decent power. With a 14 inch bar it would make a great limbing saw. Hopefully she willwork up the courage and I will show her how to use the thing.Then again maybe she will reconsider and sell it to me;)

One word... run! And don't look back as she sounds like a user. She is just going to keep asking you to help with this and that, and she already has a big, strong boyfriend and the saw to take care of these things.

The 025 is a good little saw. Simple with no flippy caps to fumble with. They used the WT-215 carb. which is easy to rebuild and reliable. Overall a better than average home owner saw. Takes to mods nicely. If she would sell it to you it would make a great little firewood saw. :cheers:

Ya know I was looking on Stihl's website. MS 250, 10.1 lb and 3 horse. Those are good numbers. Lets say with a MM and a good tune you could get 3.5. With a 14 inch bar I would think she would scream pretty good. For the money ($250 range new) sounds like a good deal. I hope Troll does not see this or I am in for a tongue lashing!:hmm3grin2orange:

Ya know I was looking on Stihl's website. MS 250, 10.1 lb and 3 horse. Those are good numbers. Lets say with a MM and a good tune you could get 3.5. With a 14 inch bar I would think she would scream pretty good. For the money ($250 range new) sounds like a good deal. I hope Troll does not see this or I am in for a tongue lashing!:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes, it's impossible to have anything fast with a plastic case according to him....maybe he should do a little limbing with arrowheads wildthing. The word BUT NUGGET comes to my mind!:msp_ohmy:

Yes, it's impossible to have anything fast with a plastic case according to him....maybe he should do a little limbing with arrowheads wildthing. The word BUT NUGGET comes to my mind!:msp_ohmy:

Yeah, no plastic cases, you have to admit though, when there is a question about the specs on a saw, the guy has the information!

picture of neighbor needed to make a real decision if you should help or not.

I've had fun with my little 025, you can get those things to run well beyond stock too! The Troll calls 'em like he sees 'em.

Latest posts

Back