I think I just obsoleted the 024 I'm in the middle of working on.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 511ax years ago, which was the second most expensive bench model oregon offered and paid just under $400.00 for it. The automatic stand alone models are much more expensive. I doubt anyone in a homeowner or even small business atmosphere would have spent the money for one of the "industrial" models.

Well I have bought enough crap off Amazon to know to stay away from some deals. The "bait and switch" Amazon likes to claim they take free returns but that is a hoax. If it comes from a third party seller Amazon just takes their cut and leaves you out to dry. Yes you can do a charge back with your credit card company but they get tired of that happening also.

Can't say I ever had issues returning things to Amazon, but I'm also pretty cognizant of buying things shipped by Amazon and not a third party.
I have had a lot of issues. Many are actually small dollar and to some seem trivial. One of the worst was with some wool socks. From another thread folks can see how important actual wool socks are to me. I pay more for one good pair than many folks spend on 10. I have to have good high quality heavy wool socks to keep my feet warm and protected in my boots. Lately I have been buying Fox River. They are far from the best but are serviceable. They are not made that far from me. Well I have bought from some third party folks on amazon and it has been a disater. They advertise a woll content that is twice what they deliver. In one case they advertised two pairs and sent one. It is a complete hassle getting to the bottom of it.

a friend of mine, years ago, told me he stopped at a yard sale... a woman was selling off her ex's stuff.
She was liquidating stuff, evidently a messy breakup?
Rob spotted a guitar... She said $10... Rob said "please, take a hundred"

It was a Gibson Les Paul.... omg

I have had a lot of issues. Many are actually small dollar and to some seem trivial. One of the worst was with some wool socks. From another thread folks can see how important actual wool socks are to me. I pay more for one good pair than many folks spend on 10. I have to have good high quality heavy wool socks to keep my feet warm and protected in my boots. Lately I have been buying Fox River. They are far from the best but are serviceable. They are not made that far from me. Well I have bought from some third party folks on amazon and it has been a disater. They advertise a woll content that is twice what they deliver. In one case they advertised two pairs and sent one. It is a complete hassle getting to the bottom of it.
have you tried darn tough wool socks?

have you tried darn tough wool socks?
Thanks for the heads up. I have not heard of them but I brought up their website now. Seems to be a geared more to fashion but I will dig through the site later. I clicked on mens work socks and only saw some light/medium weight ones. I will contact them and see what all the have.

Divorce sales are better territory to bargain...............................
Well yes for the buyer but I have been on the opposite end. It is not so fun from the other end. I hope none of you ever are. Some folks from this site swarmed in and bothered my ex-wife and sons when I was going through a divorce. I did not appreciate it a bit. Yes saws are just physical objects but those folks added a ton of conflict and pain that was not needed. I just hope they are happy and never are on the opposite end.

Back