026 adjustable oiler upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voomdoom

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So i want to stop my 026 from pissing oil everywhere at idle. It has a case that will accept an adjustable oiler. Anyone have a beat on a oiler kit, aftermarket kit, or used parts that is an easy solution that doesn't break the bank to get this accomplished? Thanks

Bcorradi (sp?) used to have a lot of 026 parts, and he had the clutch & oiler stuff when I was looking into it. I never pursued, but he had parts reasonable prices. Haven't seen him post here fore a while.

Roger that, Thanks for the reply. I messaged who you referenced. Looks like he has been inactive for a while. It's a fine balancing act to put money into a saw and not go beyond it's worth, but i got some moneys yet for this stripper to take some money back for her kids...

I found my 026 adjustable oiler kit on EBay a few years ago. Back then, there were a few sellers to choose from. It was an easy upgrade.

Its not a difficult up grade. Remember the clutch is left hand threads, and you will need a piston stop to break the clutch free (dont use anything metal).
The quality of the aftermarket pumps from some sellers is not bad. I've seen them as cheap as $15.00 for the pump, sometimes less. The supply line is $3.00 at my dealer. Then you need a washer, bushing ring, and a worm gear with the metal tang. Those parts will not break the bank.

Not wirth the trouble in my opinion.

For some you are right. Some operators can't wrap their mind around the fact that "more oil" is not a bad thing. The more oil I'm speaking of is the old style oiler which oils as soon as the saw is cranked.
A thought for the OP is -- changing this oiler is not going to eliminate "drip down". The inner clutch cover and side of the saw will have residual oil from operation. The law of gravity will see to it that it flows downward. Just a reminder.

Some people just have to have that control of the oiler -- not necessarily bad. Others believe the PRO oiler is better (technically it's not)
Thanks for chiming in Doc, good to see you around these parts. :cool:

Thanks.

I used to be obsessed with my saws having the PRO oiler. I have two setups just sitting.

You will need a different clutch drum as well. The PRO oiler has not only a notch to drive the worm, but is deeper to engage the tang.

At least for me, the pro oiler seems to pump less oil than the standard oiler. Even turned up as high as it can go.

Idling, the Saw is only at 20% of its max RPM, give or take. It's just really not a big enough deal to worry about.

Latest posts

Back