026 air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVYTWR

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anybody make an upgraded (better flowing) air filter for the 026 ??? this thing clogs up rather quickly. I have the HD air filter on my 044 with a foam sock around it, that one works wonderfull.

Yes, stihl does, 260 filter or the nylon winter filter for 260.

Some times takes a little work and replacing filter cover with one from 260 to get it right.

260 filter does not fit easily with 026's with tall gas tank breathers.

Yup, that's what I have, the tall black breather. Can the breather be replaced?

Clogging and breathing are related... The fine mesh version will block almost as quick... just slightly easier to clean. It also passes much more debris to the cylinder and is not recommended for general cutting unless in blowing snow.

Are you concerned that is "dirty" or do you notice actual power loss? I can cut all day with an 026 and not need to clean it off.

If you want to check it out, 1121 120 1611 is the mesh milter that fit the older 026 with the black post breather.

yes, definite power loss and smoke with poor throttle response. I was getting ready to lean it out a bit but then I pulled the cover and saw the new flocked filter that I had installed completly clogged. This was after a few hours of cutting.

hey lake

my 026 has a tall breather but it has a white cover that comes off, is there a change up? it seems when i lay it on the recoil side gas leaks out the breather, is this normal?

hey lake

my 026 has a tall breather but it has a white cover that comes off, is there a change up? it seems when i lay it on the recoil side gas leaks out the breather, is this normal?

The white was old but pretty much the same as the black, and yes, they do leak. There is a flap valve that fits inside the tank if it bothers you (it's a PITA to put in though).

Latest posts

Back