026 carb option?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoutillac

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was fooled by the case on the 026 I just picked up and it has one of the carbs that is only adjustable on the low side. Isthere a way to adjust the h side, or is it new carb time? If it is new barb time what are my options?

Thanks

You need a WT-194 by Walbro. I have redone 2 026 and 1 260 with this carb. Adjustable and really wakes the saw up. A muffler mod is in order at the same time.;)

My 026 Pro was originally a single needle carb but the previous owner changed it to a WT-194 twin needle carb.

The WT-194 doesn't have the metering valve vent snorkel to fit into the air cleaner like some of the 026 carbs had.

I plugged the hole in my air filter with a E A R foam ear plug but the snorkel type metering valve cover from your Walbro single needle carb will transfer over to the WT-194 if you want to do it that way.

There are several on the Bay. Do a search for wt-194

I ended up getting a WT194 and did a rebuild on it. I used the top plate from my old carb so it would fit exactly like the old one. I got it to run but am having a tough time dialing the thing in. I have to go super rich on the idle. It seems to run pretty decent, but when I pin the throttle it will rev up fine, stay there for a few seconds, then it sounds like it leans out and picks up rpm then falls on its face and dies. Did I screw myself by using the snorkle part off the old carb? or do I just have my head up my arse on the tuning? the walbro book says 1 turn out for the H/L and 1-1/4 for the idle. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

In the long run its cheaper just to replace the carb. I went through the whole carb rebuild thing. Now i buy new carbs.

026 carb replaced

I replaced the impulse tube and installed a Walbro wt-194 that I got on eBay. I removed the snorkel cover from the original carb and mounted it on the new Walbro wt-194. YES! I finally have a almost brand new 026. Thanks for all the great postings on this site. I felt like I was an expert, at least I impressed the hell out of my neighbor. I explained what I was doing with the carb and impulse tube. I think he was thinking "this guy is some sort of a Genius."

The little saw is fun to run.

Wiz

I see a flywheel removal in your near future. The flywheel removal tool from Stihl makes that job real easy for around $20.

After you obtain that special puller, search around here and you'll find a thread to help remove the seal from the crankcase. You'll need some assistance from that thread and some patience.

026 carb replaced

I replaced the impulse tube and installed a Walbro wt-194 that I got on eBay. I removed the snorkel cover from the original carb and mounted it on the new Walbro wt-194. YES! I finally have a almost brand new 026. Thanks for all the great postings on this site. I felt like I was an expert, at least I impressed the hell out of my neighbor. I explained what I was doing with the carb and impulse tube. I think he was thinking "this guy is some sort of a Genius."

The little saw is fun to run.

Wiz

So, if the seals are bad as implied by a few posts and I am starting to think they may be:mad: The comp is at 150 so it is a bit tired. So do I just do seals and hope, rering it as I will be there anyway, or go full monty and do new piston, jug, bearings ect? If I go big can anyone recommend a decent piston, bump it to 44.7 ect? I am still fairly new at this saw gig thus the part's ignorance, but have been around, in, on top of, and under motors since I was 6. Any advice I am more than receptive to.

Thank's

If at all possible stay with OEM parts , I have several 026`s that are changed over to the bigger OEM pistons and cylinders. I have ported them all and find them great for limning and small wood cutting.

Here is a video that Brad made using a Stihl seal puller.
Hopefully it will help.

[video=youtube;VNq07CcWPjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNq07CcWPjs[/video]

Clutch side bearings are a bit pricey unless you go aftermarket. I wouldn't replace everything unless it needs it. Fuel line and impulse are usually a good idea due to the break down with today's fuel. If your pulling 150psi your doing good. That's about right for that saw.

Latest posts

Back