026 likes to stall at idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRRRRAZYK

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I've recently bought my first (used) saw (stihl 026), and it runs quite well, except for frequent stalling at idle. So, I guess it's maintenance time, and was wondering if anyone would have the service manual and the parts list for my saw? Thanks for the help!

KRRRRAZYK said:
Hey Guys!
I've recently bought my first (used) saw (stihl 026), and it runs quite well, except for frequent stalling at idle. So, I guess it's maintenance time, and was wondering if anyone would have the service manual and the parts list for my saw? Thanks for the help!

If it runs well but cuts out while idleing try turning your low speed screw in just a tad. Rpms will pick up some so adjust idle to get it back down. Sometimes a saw set too rich on the low side will cause it to puddle and die at idle...

THALL10326 said:
If it runs well but cuts out while idleing try turning your low speed screw in just a tad. Rpms will pick up some so adjust idle to get it back down. Sometimes a saw set too rich on the low side will cause it to puddle and die at idle...

KRRRRAZYK, Welcome to AS, And what Thall said. even if that takes
care of it make sure your air & fuel filters are clean, and if the muffler
has a screen thats its clean also.

Good luck, Gary

I know this is a crazy thought, but we do not know why it stalls. Is it possible that he just needs to turn the LA up a little? ( assuming that the chain does not turn at idle?)

Thanks guys............ I gave the filter a good cleaning(soapy water + toothbrush) inside and out, and cleaned the killswitch with alcohol and a q-tip. The switch may have been contributing to the problem. I'll try it out today. Cheers!

KRRRRAZYK said:
Thanks guys............ I gave the filter a good cleaning(soapy water + toothbrush) inside and out, and cleaned the killswitch with alcohol and a q-tip. The switch may have been contributing to the problem. I'll try it out today. Cheers!

I quit using a toothbrush on air filters years ago after I noticed how hard on them (filters) it was. At the price of air filters I now baby them a bit while cleaning. Maybe that's just me.

B_Turner said:
I quit using a toothbrush on air filters years ago after I noticed how hard on them (filters) it was. At the price of air filters I now baby them a bit while cleaning. Maybe that's just me.

I just blow my air filters clean with compressed air...

Back