026/MS260/MS261 Dual Dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I simply don't understand why anyone will want dawgs on saws that small - but that's just me!

i have duals on my 026 ,when doing fence posts or timber beams ,i can get a square cut easier ,poke em in a little and get a square cut ,a pico chain helps also for less splintering

i have duals on my 026 ,when doing fence posts or timber beams ,i can get a square cut easier ,poke em in a little and get a square cut ,a pico chain helps also for less splintering
I see the point, but double dawgs won't help on a tapered log - the cut will not be square if you use both dawgs.

I don't use dawgs on 60cc saws either, the first thing I did with both the MS361W and the 560xpg was to remove the dawgs they came with. :)

Resurrecting an old thread here.

So I guess the 362R cover would work on a 261. That would give me the holes in the cover for the outer spike, but what about the chain catcher roller, is it longer for this saw so you would not have to bend the outer spike?What about the roller that comes on the 440/460? I have one of the 361 dual spike kit that I took off my ms260 before I sold it and I am wanting to use it on my new 261. But I am buying the saw new and am going to ask them if they can swap out the cover for me. Just trying to figure out exactly what I need.

Ok I do not think I want the large sprocket cover, I think I just want the regular one. What is the part number of a cover I can put on the 261 that has the factory holes in it for the outer spike? Will I have to bend the bottom of the spike in if I have a 361 dual dawg kit so the chain catcher works right?

Its simply too cool !!!!

:rock:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dawg on such a small saw, only compensate for a dull chain and bad cutting technique.

Not the case at all and a comment such as that would suggest you haven't done much sustained falling. Guys that do a lot of falling with small or large saws know exactly what they are there for and how to use them.

I wonder why theres a hole for grease.... it can explained why!

Yes, and it is just the way it is in Canada, up to a certain length, because of some import rule I believe.

Some of those bars were sold in the US as well, when the German made Rollomatic E was in short supply (that was before there was a bar factory in VB).

Yes, and it is just the way it is in Canada, up to a certain length, because of some import rule I believe.

Some of those bars were sold in the US as well, when the German made Rollomatic E was in short supply (that was before there was a bar factory in VB).

Do you think it is the SAME quality ?

Going to have to get this setup for my saw. Thanks for the PN and information.

Aaron

Back