• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 026/MS260 parts I don't need

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1270

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Some project leftovers that are cluttering up my bench:

• A nice crankcase from an 026 Pro. Bearings are tight and smooth, BUT the case was open for a while before I had it and there seems to be a mote of soft debris in there somewhere. Turning it by hand, I feel a moment of resistance once every several revolutions. It would be probably be prudent to pull the seals and flush it out.
  • 026 Pro cylinder. No scoring, but there's a tiny bit of aluminum transfer remaining; I started cleaning it up, but got distracted.
  • 026 Pro top cover, in nice shape.
  • MS260 gas tank, with a couple of cracks in the rear handle
  • MS260 recoil, small crack on bottom.
  • 026 oil cap, slot somewhat chewed.
  • AV buffers and plugs
  • Coil
I haven't agonized over pricing yet, but I'll beat eBay by a healthy margin. Get in touch if you can use any of this.

P1030296.JPG P1030297.JPG P1030298.JPG P1030299.JPG P1030300.JPG P1030301.JPG

I'd leave it non-adjustable oiler. People think the adjustable oiler is better but I'd rather have a metal worm gear. Less to brake and pumps just as much oil.

Yeah, it pumps plenty of oil but it also pumps at idle. Messy.

Back