026 won't idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanmarc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello. I haved searched many times to find any info on the carb adjustments. I have a service manual now and many thanks to that beg for a manual... Anyway, I can't find where the LA adjustment should be to start from.. I have the L about a 1/8th turn shy of 1 turn out and the H 1 turn out.. It has new p/c, all new hoses, and my brother rebuilt the carb?? Thanks for any help.. Marc

Hello. I haved searched many times to find any info on the carb adjustments. I have a service manual now and many thanks to that beg for a manual... Anyway, I can't find where the LA adjustment should be to start from.. I have the L about a 1/8th turn shy of 1 turn out and the H 1 turn out.. It has new p/c, all new hoses, and my brother rebuilt the carb?? Thanks for any help.. Marc

Does the saw start and rev OK but just not hold its idle? If so may need to adjust the LA screw clockwise until idle is OK, may also have to bring L out a bit more to richen it up.

I just set mine up last night, I had to back out the screw about 2 1/2 turns on the LA and reset the idle stop a bit lower, ran the saw for about 10 mins and everything seemed pretty happy, if I lean the LA out it struggles to rev up, so I keep it on the rich (tad smokey) side.

Thank you guys very much. I will try and mess with it today. Hope to have this little guy going before too long, time to start bringing in the dead wood.. THank you, Marc

Thank you guys very much. I will try and mess with it today. Hope to have this little guy going before too long, time to start bringing in the dead wood.. THank you, Marc

Hey Marc, I run both screws all the way in lightly, don't seat them to tight. Then back them out at least one full round. That will get you to a starting point 9 out of 10 times. Some I've had to go 1-1/8th. rounds to start. Then you can tach or tune by ear for the high side and also the low. If when you give it gas it stumbles back out the L. You just need to play with it till it suits you. Like I said this works for me. Good Luck and Saw Safe.:chainsaw:

It's me again I forgot to tell you if you don't already know the idle speed in the book is 2800 rpm's and the high side is 14,000 rpm's. I checked mine and it's turning 15,780 rpm's. Hope this helps if you have a tach.

Latest posts

Back