028 av super vs 028 wb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The super is, well... SUPER. The woodboss is a little smaller cc displacement, and is older.

The Super was the last version of the 028 and has a larger and more powerful engine that the previous ones. For that reason it is more desirable. If you like yours, go cut wood and don't worry about it.

I remember reading this exact info about a week ago I think. If you look a page or two deep, you'll probably find the thread.

Nice thing about the 028 is you can get the cylinder and piston of a super and swap it onto the 028. I'm working on doing that currently.

I'm working on a friends 28. Tag says just 028 WB, just for grins I measured the piston and was surprised it was a 46mm piston, same as the Super. I can't guarantee it but I will say its original cylinder, saw has seen very little use. It was owned by a 90 yr old gentleman, who had it when he passed. This is an early model because it has (had) point ignition. I'm changing it out, and tuning it up, 4th 028 I've done that to, we seem to have quit a few still going in this area, great little saws.

I'm working on a friends 28. Tag says just 028 WB, just for grins I measured the piston and was surprised it was a 46mm piston, same as the Super. I can't guarantee it but I will say its original cylinder, saw has seen very little use. It was owned by a 90 yr old gentleman, who had it when he passed. This is an early model because it has (had) point ignition. I'm changing it out, and tuning it up, 4th 028 I've done that to, we seem to have quit a few still going in this area, great little saws.

Likely a Super WB, like I just mentioned, nothing odd with that!

True, but that's the whole point o
Anyway, they all are way too heavy for their power by todays standards (or the standards from 10 years ago).
That's the whole point of the this forum. Otherwise we'd all go out and buy 2014 saws. I have three 028 Supers. Great saws for their age.

I agree them being very heavy for there size and for a professional it wouldn't make sense at all. But for the firewood cutter they are a great saw.

Im young and dont mind a heavier saw. Base gasket delete and muffler mod with 325 chain it pulls through 10 inch wood faster than my stock 036.

Nice thing about the 028 is you can get the cylinder and piston of a super and swap it onto the 028. I'm working on doing that currently.
Where are you buying your parts from?

Thank you.

I have cleaned and flipped 7 or 8 028s mostly Supers. 028 Super was my first new saw. Still runs cuts and looks great. I also got an 028 salvaged from a fire. Still runs strong. Paint on bar blistered but still straight and sprocket smooth. Keep this bungeed to tractor to clear deadfall on fences. On heavier side but built tough. Easy to work on.
3027a5ca856b765b932e3bf4018b20a8.jpg
8d85b24153d0749cb8a54c881b88779a.jpg

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I have cleaned and flipped 7 or 8 028s mostly Supers. 028 Super was my first new saw. Still runs cuts and looks great. I also got an 028 salvaged from a fire. Still runs strong. Paint on bar blistered but still straight and sprocket smooth. Keep this bungeed to tractor to clear deadfall on fences. On heavier side but built tough. Easy to work on.
3027a5ca856b765b932e3bf4018b20a8.jpg
8d85b24153d0749cb8a54c881b88779a.jpg

Hello, where can I buy parts for my 028WB?

Can I us the parts from a Super on my 028WB, like Piston, Jug, Crank, Bearings and seals?

I've sourced different places. Used on fleebay, Little Red Barn on line. Discount Parts. Chainsaw Conservation Components on the bay. Some parts are NLA. Mufflers, brake bands and misc. I had a Super w broken brake band, saw one on bay 12 bucks. Snapped on that.
Just saw brake for WB $49 plus ship...crazy.

Make your list of parts and pns check dlrs and used and on the forums. Don't try to get all at once. Sometimes parts fall in your lap.. I don't buy Chinese parts when at all possible.
Be careful not to put to much $$ into a $125 to $175 saw.

Back