028 super woes!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I’m working on my 028 super, it has trouble keeping idle making, squeaking noise. I’ve readjusted the LA screw several times in attempt to get it to idle right, have the jets set correctly. It will cut strong and revs strong, but at idle it’s making a squeaking and has trouble running. I’ve checked the crank and there seems to be no play. Haven’t done a leak test. Here’s a list of stuff that has been done:
Carb kit
New piston/rings
New rubber and seals
Plug
Head gasket

*hope it’s not the crank bearings because I don’t have a case splitter.

Did you Replace the main jet nozzle when you rebuilt the carb? They can cause a poor idle.

it could be a pulse line breaking down/split at the nipple causing it to lean out at tick-over? it does sound air leak related ?

I’m working on my 028 super, it has trouble keeping idle making, squeaking noise. I’ve readjusted the LA screw several times in attempt to get it to idle right, have the jets set correctly. It will cut strong and revs strong, but at idle it’s making a squeaking and has trouble running. I’ve checked the crank and there seems to be no play. Haven’t done a leak test. Here’s a list of stuff that has been done:
Carb kit
New piston/rings
New rubber and seals
Plug
Head gasket

*hope it’s not the crank bearings because I don’t have a case splitter.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that a saw that old is a good candidate for crank seals. A leak test will tell you for sure. Leaking seals can also cause an erratic idle.

Back