028 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam only the supers had the pop up piston. My Stihls run the gamut from a 009 to a 090. The 090 needs ignition work and a set of rings. I have several Stihls that need some work,minor to major. I have trouble getting ole Jim to do much work these days. He spends way too much time setting around drinking coffee,reading and surfing the net.:msp_smile: I have a lot of saws besides Stihl,Huskys,Jonnys,Macs,Poulans,etc.

AH YES the 090 never seen one in real life. How does that thing do? By the way I was getting ready to start a new thread but maybe you could help me here. Ive got a 660 with a stripped out bar stud, It seems like Ive heard someone say that STIHL make a repair kit for this do you know if this is true or not? I know the feeling I work midnight shifts so this is what I usually do late at night when Im off work seeing how everyone in the house is snoozing so I either go to the shop and tinker or play on the web myself. To cold to tinker tonight weve got a pretty rough storm blowing through as we speak

Hey Mo.Jim...what about 026 as far as upkeep, durability and so forth???

Merry Christmas!:rock:

Reggie I really like my 026,they are lighter and more nimble to use than a 028 and with proper upkeep last for years. But this true for about any saw. No matter what saws I take to the timber to cut firewood,my 359 Husky with a 24" bar is allways one of them. A clean air filter,a sharp chain and proper fuel are the life blood of any saw. The 026's have a large following and allways will. The 346 Husky's have a large following also. I have one of those myself and I think it is a nice saw. I just like chainsaws period,some a lot more than others.

Adam what part of the state are you located in,I know there is a big storm going through the southern tier right now and hooking up to the north and east. I worked third shift for a lot of years,mostly by choice,I'm just not a morning person.

Back