029/039/290/310/390 but not the 031

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No comparison whatsoever between the 031 and the long list of saws you listed.

Bill

For some reason every time I see an 031 around here it's sticking out of the side of a saw shops mailbox post. :dizzy:

What is it about that saw that makes them do that????

If you need side by side comparison pictures of the 030,031,032, 041, 051, and 075 let me know.

Bill

If you need side by side comparison pictures of the 030,031,032, 041, 051, and 075 let me know.

Bill

Okay, so is the 030,031,032 a series?

I have 041, 041S{obviously} and some 050/051/075/076s. I would say too many and need to get rid of some, but don't want to get stoned for being an unbeliever.

Thanks again.
Rob

Naming conventions

I was just wondering about this topic... The Stihl naming convention for their saws. Is there any pattern? Is it logical to assume that a 440 is just a prior year saw to the 441? ...and where does the 044 fit in? I am guessing that they are model year differences, but, like the OP pointed out, add in different grade saws and it gets confusing.

Yes...... No........... Well kinda. :dizzy:

in general

the 0_4 saws all got about a 2mm increase in bore diameter and became the 0_6 saws

The 0_6 saws went largely unchanged mechanically and got some cosmetic changes and became the MS_60 saws.

The "1" saws are completely different designs but their numbers correspond to the saw size they replaced in the line-up.

Now this is a pretty loose rule of thumb as some models were changed more than others at certain points either at the model number change or between the changes.

So you see it's really kinda simple....... well kinda.

:laugh:

in general

the 0_4 saws all got about a 2mm increase in bore diameter and became the 0_6 saws

The 0_6 saws went largely unchanged mechanically and got some cosmetic changes and became the MS_60 saws.

The "1" saws are completely different designs but their numbers correspond to the saw size they replaced in the line-up.

Now this is a pretty loose rule of thumb as some models were changed more than others at certain points either at the model number change or between the changes.

Good Post!

in general

Erick,

Wow! I'll bet if you go into your back yard, drill straight down for 12756.1 km you would end up in ................ Troms, North Norway.

joat

Latest posts

Back