029/039/290/310/390 but not the 031

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little point in discussing those ol' Stihls, as they are all loosers - the Jonsereds were a whole lot better at that time...:greenchainsaw:

Somebody's full of piss and vinegar...

Little point in discussing those ol' Stihls, as they are all loosers - the Jonsereds were a whole lot better at that time...:greenchainsaw:

Wow....Troll got his lutefisk today. Feels like kicking the old hornet's nest.....:chainsawguy:

The 031,031,032 looks more like a miniature 045 or 056 than an 041, 075, or 076. Build quality and construction are first rate with these old Stihls. The 029/039/MS290/MS310/MS390 saws are good homeowner/ranch saws (some would say more, some MUCH less, but that horse has been beaten enough with no need for any more whacks), but are not at all related to those old pro saws.

Last edited:

Yeah, we better end this thread and I'll throw out my 041s and 075 series saws.
Any body want some large mount bars, 16 inch cheap? for 075 type large mount.

Damn, I've only had that saw ten years, and now I find out its not up to par...................

Damn, I've only had that saw ten years, and now I find out its not up to par...................

The 075 is a bit newer than the 041 etc.....

Yes, you'd better just send them up my way where they can get a good home:buttkick:

So its okay to keep the 075, though I'll have to wear a bag on my head and hang my head in shame when I spank those Swedish saws.

No, no, no. You know the older saws are better. That 075 is junk. I'm a junk collector so just send it on down. I'll even save you the shipping and just pick it up next week at the GTG!

Back