034 Super OEM piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsamm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just picked up a very very nice 034 super that needs a piston. I never use anything but OEM on the Stihls and was looking on Ebay for one, when I ran across one with part # 1119 030 2000 that says it's 48mm but that part number googles for an 038...anybody know if this is the same piston with a different part number? Can't believe they would be that different, except possibly for the wrist pin diameter maybe? Or maybe the piston skirt? Can somebody tell me who knows for sure...thanks for any help!

Yea, you are a l o n g way from me. I don't post very often, just mostly like to read the others. So I haven't had a chance to really get to know anybody personally or who might be close by....certainly not against it, just haven't had the opportunity yet...do you know if the piston for the 038 would work in the 034S? Still wondering about that, if anybody knows for sure.

Another GA boy here. You already suspect the answer. 034S uses a 10mm pin while 038's use a 12mm.

O
Thank you for the info...Yep, figured it would be something like this. Ran into the same thing with a 440, with some of them having 10mm and some 12mm. (Think it was the 440...might have been the 046. Memory not too sharp nowadays, but I did have the same deal with one of them. Anybody out there got a good OEM piston for this 034S?

Latest posts

Back