034 torque settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I take the clutch apart i just tighten it as tight as i can with a wrench and the engine will tighten it the rest of the way. Because of the left hand thread it's always tightening on it's own. As for the cylinder bolts i'm not sure.

I realize there are 2 schools of thought here, but I have the torque wrench, and I have the time, so I'd like to torque these to the proper specs. Much preferable to sweeping the driveway with the magnet looking for parts after they shoot off at 14000 rpm. Thanks though for responding. B

50nm for the clutch carrier; 33nm for the flywheel. The flywheel and crank stub must be degreased before assembly.

10.5Nm for the cylinder bolt, 10 for the muffler.

Last edited:
EastwoodGang4 said:
When I take the clutch apart i just tighten it as tight as i can with a wrench and the engine will tighten it the rest of the way. Because of the left hand thread it's always tightening on it's own. As for the cylinder bolts i'm not sure.

This is not correct.. and I too have lost a few clutches by not paying attention to this matter. You have to look at acceleration and deacceleration of the engine verses the clutch. The only time it's really tightening is when you slam on the brake, and then you have no idea to what extent it is tightening. It's very easy to over-torque a clutch this way and can lead to premature crank falure.

Thanks Andy and a belated Happy Birthday, I agree on the torqueing the clutch for obvious reasons. Do you happen to have the nm number for the cylnder to crankcase bolts after I reinstall the piston on this saw?

Back