034 with 034 Super or 036 carb any HP gains?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that this is an old thread; just installed a rebuilt Tillotson HK43A carb in my 036 and the tuning characteristics seem to be a lot more consistent than the Zama carb (C3A-S19) that I had on it. Made in USA too. Love this saw.

Again I know digging up an old thread but this might help someone in the future.
Just going through my Australian 034's.
One has a Tillotson HK43B and the other a Walbro C3A-S4B.
Which seems slightly different to the info posted earlier, perhaps due to Australian saws.
I can't give any info re which runs better as one is a Super, the other not.

Question. I recently bought a early model 034av. I was wondering if the snorkel fitting like on the later 036 pro or Ms 360 carbs can be installed on the non compensating carb

could be right ... maybe it was the late 70s
remember my dad ranting about it ... back then we thought Walbro was crap :p

Look at this:
http://www.tillotson.ie/xchange.php

Tillotson makes "exchange parts" now to replace the Chinese junk

No clue what they charge though
/
Don't see any HK43 carbs like is on my 034

Hey all, a good buddy of mine just got a stihl 034 for $250 bucks whiles tearing it down and checking the overall condition we noticed it had a carb with hong kong engraved on it so were replacing it. The local shop said they'd have to order one and it'd take two weeks since they dont make service parts for them anymore so my question is would a stihl oem 034 super or 036 carb bolt up and would we see any hp gains if tuned by a stihl mechanic and there would be dual port muffler modification.

Hello TimberTramp420, did you find a Tillotson carb or repair kit? You are looking for a Tillotson HE-20a and its repair kit is RK-1HE

Back