036 help!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's what I was thinking.... I've learned my lesson from eBay. Gonna get the parts tommorrow and rebuild and sell it.

Looking at either a 362 or a 261. I'm just cutting firewood so I don't need a monster, just always wanted an 036.

I hate hearing this stuff. I sell a lot of saws on ebay and have yet to have an issue. The seller that sold you that saw gives us all a bad name.

I might have to parts you need to fix it. Make a list and lets get it straightened out for you.

Yeah, and all I got from the seller was a "sorry" and he blamed the issues on my negligence!!!! Pretty mice of him, especially considering I ran the saw for an entire 10 seconds!!

I appreciate the offer for parts, but I'll probably just go to my dealer in the morning to get the new parts.

So far I need a new worm gear, oil line kit, clutch, and clutch drum. Not too bad for being in "great" shape.

Just about the time you think you can trust someone they turn around and pull one of these.

I just plan on getting it back together tommorrow morning and then trading it in. I'm sure it would be fine when I fix it, but with all that's gone on I just want to get it out of my garage.

I'll never buy a used saw again unless I'm buying it with the intent of rebuilding it. I swore I wouldn't sell my other saw till I got this one in my hands, but I did... Now I'm fresh out of a saw and can't cut anything.

Just found out too that the crank bearings are bad as well...

Dang!!! I got taken

When I buy an Ebay saw I expect that it is a parts saw right off the bat, no expectations that it runs and has no issue's. Then when something is bad, I'm not pissed......the other hand, if only a minor issue, I feel like I done good. AND I set the price I'm willing to pay for it accordingly.

Sorry its turned into a nightmare for you.

You didn't say, but is it the Pro version?

I would suggest you continue to fix the thing up. Those are nice saws. I have one I bought new maybe 12 yr. ago and have used it hard and it is still going strong, no repairs. It will be worth it once you are done. You got sold a messed up saw, but you will really like the 036 once you've hassled with the rebuild. Personally, I do nothing on eBay. I did one transaction [purchase] some years ago, luckily for a lower-priced item, but it was junk and that turned out to be the first and very last deal I did with eBay.

I agree with SteveH, the 036 is a great saw. I had one a few years ago that I had fixed and ran for a little while. Sold it for a decent price, didn't really want to let it go and regretted doing so. I now have another one and won't let it go again, they are great saws!

It will be like a new saw once your done.

Where in Ohio are you, someone on here may be willing to help. Splitting the case requires some tools, you and another member with the tools can probably get it done in a couple hours and maybe you'll make a friend and cutting buddy in the mean time.

Last edited:
Well too late on the saw... I cut my losses and dumped it.... I just didn't want to sink additional money into it.

And yes it was the Pro model.

However, in the end I ended up w a brand new 362...

Shoulda just bought brand new from the beginning, would have been better off at this point.

Seller won't even reply to my emails at this point, just disgusts me that there are ppl out there willing to screw someone over like this guy did to me....

Sick feeling in my stomach, first and last time I make that mistake.

Not every sale on Ebay is a total disaster, hope you didn't pay to much and that you made a good portion of your money back. Did you file a claim against him through PayPal? Negative report on Ebay for misrepresenting the saw?

Someone here may have given more for the saw than the dealer, sorry you had a bad deal.

But, you should like the 362!

Yeah, I paid to much cause this saw looked to be in great condition.... The seller had great feedback and he said everything was working great. With all the problems it had I just didn't want to hand it off to someone in here and see them have more trouble.

I gave him terrible feedback, and I'm still waiting on the bar he supposedly shipped. If it doesn't show tommorrow I'm filing a claim with eBay to try and recoup some of my money.

It was basically a total loss on my end... Could have darn near bought my 362 w all the money I ended up having wrapped up in this thing.

Lesson learned, sucks being on the receiving end... Always wanted an 036, guess I wont go down that road again.

Anyways, I ran out and made some cuts w the 362 and it is impressive!!!! I've been cutting wood w a 310 for the last 6 years.... Didn't realize what a dog that saw was, plus the 362 is lighter yet.

Can you get you hands back on it? I, along with several others, will make you an offer on it....

I could try... Probably just buy it back from them?? I'll check tommorrow first thing.

Well you are going to need it back, if you are going to open a case with Ebay or/and Paypal. Get it back, and you will have to send it back to the seller. P.M. me with the details, but if you open a case, you will get your money back, e-bay is bent that way, but you need the saw back in your hands.

I was under the impression you could file a case to recoup a monetary value to cover the costs associated with correcting issues that were misrepresented?

Honestly I'm so sick to my stomach over the whole deal that I just want it to be over with. I have sent 5 emails to the seller with no replies.

I will check with the dealer in the morning and see.

I was under the impression you could file a case to recoup a monetary value to cover the costs associated with correcting issues that were misrepresented?

Honestly I'm so sick to my stomach over the whole deal that I just want it to be over with. I have sent 5 emails to the seller with no replies.

I will check with the dealer in the morning and see.

Open the case with e-bay and paypal......

You will get your money back, just get your story straight.

Did you fire up the saw without a sprocket on it???

Just get all of your ducks in a row, and stick to it!!!!

I fired it up just to check that it ran. Had a sprocket on, just made a heck of a noise. Only reason I fired it was to verify it wasn't DOA. When I pulled the clutch drum is when the oil mess came to my attention, that and the clutch literally in pieces...

Back