036 help!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess what..... I havent run my 036 lately but after reading the thread i decided to dust it off, welllllll ran it for about 5 min and the chain got slack and i skattered the sproket bearing and i just put a new sproket kit on her about two hours of run time ago. clutch shoes are loosely together. any body got a parts breakdown???:mad:
Andrew

after tearing it apart, clutch side crank bearings are bad. I have new bearings and gaskets but im not sure im motivated enough to put any more time in this. already put new cylinder and piston and coil and sproket..... anybody need parts????

Never again "EBAY"???

OR never again "MEMBER HERE"?

HEY Fish,,

Never again "cheap".......parts, you know who I'm refering to.

Deadbeat screwed me. Had two good buys with Ahole then got nastsy did not pay message on 3rd purchase, but I have the payment receipt, but NO PARTS.

Cheap, Yup!!!

PARTS? NEVER SENT

Oh yes, the 362 is as big as my 038M, and only a bit lighter.

HEY Fish,,

Deadbeat screwed me. Had two good buys with Ahole then got nastsy did not pay message on 3rd purchase, but I have the payment receipt, but NO PARTS.

Cheap, Yup!!!

PARTS? NEVER SENT

OK, I know who, but why didn't you get your money back?

HEY Fish,,

Cheap, Yup!!!

PARTS? NEVER SENT

Join the club.

after tearing it apart, clutch side crank bearings are bad. I have new bearings and gaskets but im not sure im motivated enough to put any more time in this. already put new cylinder and piston and coil and sproket..... anybody need parts????

Does a hobby horse have a hickory d**k?

Does a cow s**t a walkin'?

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

PM me with the details and maybe I can relieve you of your 036 frustration. Evidently I'm pretty good at it.:hmm3grin2orange:

Poge

Part it out on e-bay, and make some money!!!!!

The crankshaft is hard to bend. I would think the case would be damaged badly if the crank was bent. To check it though use a dial indicator and a set of V blocks. If you need the cases split and new bearings installed I would be glad to do it for you. I've done a pile of 034/036s....

'Preciate the input and offer, Randy. But this thing presents a nice combination of challenges that I haven't actually had the experience of tackling yet. It's a great candidate for my first case split and the associated aspects of figuring out what's really wrong with it and gettin' it back together and runnin'. May be asking for more advice as this plays out, tho.

And if the crank is twisted, Stumpy? There will be pics, my man!

Thanks, fellas.

Poge

got it completely tore apart,cases split both bearings had play in em. if i decide to put it back together im gona need

oil line (to and from the oiler)
clutch upgrade

I think i got everything else but i already got to many projects. mabe ill egay it....hahah

'Preciate the input and offer, Randy. But this thing presents a nice combination of challenges that I haven't actually had the experience of tackling yet. It's a great candidate for my first case split and the associated aspects of figuring out what's really wrong with it and gettin' it back together and runnin'. May be asking for more advice as this plays out, tho.

And if the crank is twisted, Stumpy? There will be pics, my man!

Thanks, fellas.

Poge

i just happen to have a decent crank haha:msp_tongue:

View attachment 215229
215229d1325728525-img_4927-jpg

If this is what the crank looks like on the cluch side it is junk right? Need to add a crank to my list of parts...

That I've seen several times with the 036, pitch it....

Will do. Bearings are junk anyway. Bought a parts saw that was supposed to be almost complete... Reality is I don't have very many usable parts. Fuel tank is junk, crank, bearings, piston, all the brake parts except the handle and main spring etc etc all junk or not there. Cylinder is passable but has a small scratch the length of the cylinder. Supposed to be missing the starter assembly and some carb linkage, so much for that.

These 036 saws are biting us all.

P.S. I could use an IPL etc if someone would be so kind to send one to me.

Last edited:
Will do. Bearings are junk anyway. Bought a parts saw that was supposed to be almost complete... Reality is I don't have very many usable parts. Fuel tank is junk, crank, bearings, piston, all the brake parts except the handle and main spring etc etc all junk or not there. Cylinder is passable but has a small scratch the length of the cylinder. Supposed to be missing the starter assembly and some carb linkage, so much for that.

These 036 saws are biting us all.

P.S. I could use an IPL etc if someone would be so kind to send one to me.

PM sent

Latest posts

Back