036 pro issue need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay03

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The bottom end in the 036 im working on has a slight knock noise when I rotate the crank back and forth slightly by hand. Should I worry about it or let it go? I had the clutch and flywheel off with the cylinder and piston on and im just moving it back and forth barely my hand when I heard this. Its either the wrist pin bearing or the journal bearing but I cant tell which one. It also could be the rod hitting against the crank a little im not sure.

Bearings

Need to take the saw completely down to the crank case and check the crank bearings . Sounds like the crank shaft area is where the problem lays :msp_confused:

Yeah man this sucks if I push down on the piston some through the exhaust port it really doesnt do it.

Guess I could pull the cylinder and see if I can see where its coming from. Give me a chance to clean up the cylinder anyway I guess.

I pulled the cylinder and the crank bearings definitely feel tight. Everything seems pretty good really. It was such a slight movement it probably wont matter. Im thinking it might be on the piston side of the rod but if anything. Have to check it out some more the cylinder and piston look good though saw had 155psi.

Back