066 flywheel problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to find a 1307 if that’s the coil I’m suppose to be using with a 1209 flywheel but the coil is hard to find.. also I Andy have a 2 wire harness so I’m not sure is that’s ok because I’ve seen the 1307 coil that require a 3 wire harness for the red light and I don’t have a red light.. so not sure if I can just leave that wire off and don’t worry about.. but if I can’t find the 1307 coil I guess I’ll have to try the 1300..

I would like to find a 1307 if that’s the coil I’m suppose to be using with a 1209 flywheel but the coil is hard to find.. also I Andy have a 2 wire harness so I’m not sure is that’s ok because I’ve seen the 1307 coil that require a 3 wire harness for the red light and I don’t have a red light.. so not sure if I can just leave that wire off and don’t worry about.. but if I can’t find the 1307 coil I guess I’ll have to try the 1300..

Does any of this matter if you are building off of the new late 066/660 cases?
Your crank doesnt fit, your coil wont match mounting holes and the alloy flywheel will be wrong- well it will be right for the old crank- but that is not right for the cases.

You need to disregard all the old bits, use the new cases- find a new 10mm nut crank, poly flywheel and universal coil- problem solved! Might as well go for a new cylinder with a decomp, new plastics and then you do not need to worry about some funny wee light on the side.

Thank you so much… if it’s a 1307 coil yes I’d be interested in buying the coil. I’ve never done it on here before so not sure how to do it but if you can send me a invoice somehow I can send the money through PayPal.

Then once you get all your cases, crank, flywheel and coil sorted- which recoil starter cover do you have?
Coz the old thinner profile cover found on 064's and early metal flywheeled 066's don't fit on a poly flywheel build. ;)
Bob,
Got a question for you…. Will a duel key 1216 flywheel for early 066 work with a 1300 coil?

I have that but it don’t say anything about a double key 1216 flywheel. It’s also a artic flywheel and I don’t know if that makes a difference. But the single key is a unlimited flywheel so the way I look at it the 1300 coil would work with that. But I don’t know about and artic or a double key flywheel.

As discussed- a dual keyway (maybe a new broach was cut into a single key flywheel to make it work with unlimited coil?) will work most clockwise with limited coils and most anti clockwise for unlimited.
I am not aware of (nor does the link list show) a double keyway 1216 flywheel- but I am no expert and live a LONG way from the Arctic!
Arctic flywheel should just have space for the heated circuit generator as the main difference.

If buying online I would want photographic evidence of part number for clarification and calliper measurement of the bore to be positive it is for the thinner tail crank and thinner recoil.

Take a look. Only thing I see is you really can’t tell if the last two numbers are a 1 and 6

Attachments

• C4B534F1-0C51-4AD1-855F-D23E07FEBC79.png
    C4B534F1-0C51-4AD1-855F-D23E07FEBC79.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 7B6A75AD-5C69-4485-BC09-BF4E3722C9A8.png
    7B6A75AD-5C69-4485-BC09-BF4E3722C9A8.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back