066 flywheel problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kane98

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im trying to rebuild a 066.. I started with the bottom end and the clutch side case was bad so I replaced both side with I think newer cases from a 660..after putting the crank and new case back together the flywheel hits the inside of the case when tightened down just finger tight. I tried a poly wheel and it doesn’t fit the crank..any suggestions on which flywheel I need?

Im trying to rebuild a 066.. I started with the bottom end and the clutch side case was bad so I replaced both side with I think newer cases from a 660..after putting the crank and new case back together the flywheel hits the inside of the case when tightened down just finger tight. I tried a poly wheel and it doesn’t fit the crank..any suggestions on which flywheel I need?
The flywheel that came with the bottom end was a metal flywheel 1209. After I switched the cases the 1209 hits the inside of the case. I also tried a poly 1217 but the hole was to big for the crank so the crank must be different. I need to know what flywheel I need or do I need different cases or different crank of so which ones? Thanks for your help.

If you had a metal-flywheel 066 and are trying to put that crank in a 660 case, it ain't gonna work. The 660 case is wider because the 660 crank is wider. The cranks are not interchangeable and the cases are not interchangeable.

What you would need to do in order to use a 660 case is get a matching 660 crank and flywheel.

If you had a metal-flywheel 066 and are trying to put that crank in a 660 case, it ain't gonna work. The 660 case is wider because the 660 crank is wider. The cranks are not interchangeable and the cases are not interchangeable.

What you would need to do in order to use a 660 case is get a matching 660 crank and flywheel.

Or find a good set of short cases and use the original crank and flywheel.

And coil to match said flywheel I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.

Absolutely, but that may be a taller order than finding a 660 crank and flywheel. Parts for those older 066s and 064s have gotten scarce here due to their popularity.

Yes- or certain people like me, find them and hoard them! ;) :laugh:

Absolutely, but that may be a taller order than finding a 660 crank and flywheel. Parts for those older 066s and 064s have gotten scarce here due to their popularity.
Yes I’ve found that out. It’s really hard to find the older cases and flywheels. Harder yet when you don’t exactly know which flywheel goes with which cases. Now it’s a coil too that’s got to match. Somebody sure didn’t make it easy.

Yes I’ve found that out. It’s really hard to find the older cases and flywheels. Harder yet when you don’t exactly know which flywheel goes with which cases. Now it’s a coil too that’s got to match. Somebody sure didn’t make it easy.
Have a look for some coil info. Lots more here on the site if you search, same for cases

Attachments

• 064 066 ignitions carbs .pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 064 and 066 ignitions.pdf
    303.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the info… of course you know I have the old starter for the 066. I think I really need to find some good older cases and pull the crank back out of these newer cases and go that route. But they are hard to find in good condition and some people want new prices for not so good product… but I’m in know hurry. I’ll keep looking and learning..

I have just have a iPad so I’m computer illiterate as far as posting pictures but will try to get that done asap.. after I figure out which coil matches with 1122-400-1209 flywheel and can find one….I’m working on these short cases to see if I can salvage them.. they have a lot of rot especially inside the crank area.. I think somebody left some kind of liquid in the bottom it was bad when i split the cases.. don’t know if it’s some kind of heat resistant material inside area or what but it’s all gone so it’ll have to be replaced..any suggestions? And does anyone think that the 0000-400-1300 coil would work with the 1209 metal flywheel or I have a 1314 also.. Thanks again for the help..

Latest posts

Back