066 flywheel problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 0000-13000 coil is known as the “dummy” coil. Works on most from the 026-660. You just need go use the correct key slot in the fw if it has 2 slots
Or none.
Simple clear or any spray paint tends to lock that flywheel down without a key. I've been using just a quick spritz of spray clear when mounting flywheels with no key. It also doubles as a nice coating for the rear outside bit of the steel flywheel hubs. Works great for clearing magnets after a good cleaning and light prep with something like 320.

Edited:

The 1209 flywheel that I have only had one key slot so I don’t guess I can mess that up. But the way things have gone trying to find things I wouldn’t count on it. Thanks again for the info. I appreciate all of you for the help.

what coil do you think will work with the 1209 flywheel with one key slot? I thought that 0000-400-1300 was a unlimited coil.. but I’m just trying to figure all this out..

just looking around like on eBay that coil might be hard to find also.. like the cases and everything else…jeez what a nightmare!!!

First time around- the 1122 family are confusing.
It does not help that most the aftermarket parts are copied from the MS660 and last of the 066's that were basically exactly the same shape and size as the 660's- so they claim the parts they supply will fit either- and they will IF your starting point is a LATE MODEL poly flywheel, rounded top cover 066- not an alloy flywheel flat top 066 which is where you are starting from by the sounds.
Compare your old case flywheel side to your new case flywheel side- look at where the coil mounts and bolts down- see the differences?

Yes I do now that I have the two cases in front of me. But other than the compartment size we’re the coil goes and the were the heater would mount up if you had one the bolt holes were the coil mounts are pretty much the same. But the case is definitely larger. The cases I have are 1122-020-2905 & 1122-021-0705.. serial# 127505652 on the older cases… That’s the route I’m trying to go.

So if I have the 1209 flywheel and I don’t have a red eye 066 would I use the 1303 CDIC prufex coil or the 1307 CDIC-A coil? By what I’m ready the 1307 is for the red eye 066 and the 1303 is for a 064. Would that make a difference that’s its for a 064?

Back