036 Pro Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesReed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Have a Zama carb that only stamp I can see on it is C3A. Is the rebuild kit for it a RB31?

Would this saw run just as good with either a .325 or 3/8 chain,bar and rim? If there are differences what are they?

The web site I use for kit referance shows most but not all C3A use that kit. I got a kit from my Stihl dealer for my 036 and it was close to the same as the mail order places I know of. I run 3/8 RS chain on mine and have never seen reason to look at any other.

my Zama manual states the 036 Pro uses a C3A-S39-B, stihl PN 1125 120 0615.

complete kit: RB-31
gasket/diaphram kit: GND-21

I run a 8T rim and .325 on mine with a 20" bar and I've always been very happy with that combo.
John..

I rebuilt an 036 Pro carb last week, and had the same thoughts. Looking through the IPL however, all of the carb variations have the same Stihl P/N. I went to my dealer with that P/N and got a kit that works. No questions asked.

That's my experience with it.

Jeff

A general comment about Zama rebuild kits. If you are rebuilding a C3M, same concept appies. Ditto on C1Q etc...

You can use almost any C3A rebuild kit variation IF you don't use the metering string, and sometimes the welch plugs are different. Zama supplies the spring which is one reason they almost have a "kit per carb variation"... The GND kits just have the 2 diaphragms and gaskets.

For C3A I just buy RB31 kits and throw out what I don't use, and almost never use the spring, almost.

If you buy the Stihl kit, it's expensive, but all parts are are guaranteed to work. You just don' t need all of them, and for 1/4 of the money, use your old spring...

Do springs "wear out"? nope... so why do they supply all those little parts you don't need? 'cos they get lost!

This box of misc kit parts is PART of about 5 years of shop collection, and we stopped "collecting" a while back - what didn't get used! Every now and then there is a gem in here.. lot of waste in Walbro WAT kits! What you can't really see is that this pile is over 4 inches thick in the center! Wonder what I'd get for it on Ebay..

attachment.php

JamesReed said:
... Would this saw run just as good with either a .325 or 3/8 chain,bar and rim? If there are differences what are they?
Take a look at this tread, and read the posts by former member Glens.

Also be aware that the 036 has been sold with different spline sizes .......

Latest posts

Back