036 Pro won't hold vacuum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always thought that A.S. was a place to help people? Not intimidate another member...
Yeah, me too.

When doing a vac test with a mighty vac, you have to pump it like a madman for a while to even to start to get the needle to move at all, it is even harder if you have a slight vac leak.
No in reality, I have not came across a saw that held pressure, but wouldn't hold a vac, but that was doing it to see if it held pressure or vac for 15 minutes or more.

The saddest thing is when you work for a dealer that gets mad if you look for crankcase leaks at all, as "The customer won't pay for that!!!!" Then the quickie tests will have to suffice!!!!!!!

OOOOOO, you joined May of 2014, you have 6 months seniority....

No, my uncle used to be a member here, I read his stuff for years, helped him with a camera and get on E-bay...

Well, that's what I wanted to know. I was just curious because you seem to know more about this place than I do. Don't get your feathers ruffled. It's an Internet forum, not anything to get in a fight about.

Nothing ruffled friend. My uncle wanted me to join so he could get access to the several thousand pics and attachments he put up
over the last decade or so, to find out that they are all long gone...... Sad really.....

If this is how you guys do a leakdown test, well.... More power to you all.

Yeah, this site used to have a decade off good pic and video knowledge that Is no longer, and all of the old great members wasted
all of that effort. It is a total shame really.......
Listen Mr Einstain here are peoples who live families servicing chainsaws. so its better to put out of your head the epoxy glue , and try to take ideas and tricks that for sure will help you when you need them.
for the leak test with the compress air in low pressure the reason for doing this is , sometimes the saw maybe have big and small leak maybe have leaks from 4 , 5 or more places. for sure a big hole leave more air than a small.
the hand pump is not produce to much air volume for find all theese holes, so the better way is the compressed air gun with low pressure, the other trick in situations like this ( many leaks ) is to put the saw into a box with water then you see imediately all theese leaks at the same time.
theese methods use the factories, or maybe you think that they test the saws with mytivac 8500 one buy one ?
Now i thnk that you understand why sometimes must use compressed air but in low pressure.

Yeah, most air leaks can be easily found and fixed without breaking down a saw for a total leakdown test. If the guy knows what he is doing ..... But the O.P. here couldn't build up a vacuum, and my contention was that he wouldn't know, because a true leakdown/vac test is difficult, because it takes a hell of a lot of pumping on the "Mighty Vac" to even get the vac needle to even move, and if there is even a slight vac leak, that won't even happen, which told me that most of you guys never even tried to do a proper vac/leakdown test. And if one cannot even say that he "pressurized" a crankcase and got it to hold pressure for 5 minutes
indicates that almost all of you guys have never done a proper "leakdown" test....

Latest posts

Back