036 pro wot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully56

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 036 pro I just got up and running and I just did some cutting and it runs awesome, but after its warm and I come off wot the idle gets erratic and shuts off. It runs awesome before this point. If my low screw was set incorrectly wouldn't it affect it rather it was cold or warm? I did tune it with a tach so my idle and high rpm' are within spec. Paranoid about it being seals but have no experience in that area as far as pressure/vac testing and seal replacement maybe I'm gonna get a crash course haha. Appreciate any input

Guy I bought from put new carb on it I guess that doesn't mean it's right though I will go through it. Any ideas why it happens after saw has ran for awhile? Wouldn't a fuel issue affect it cold also ?

By going through the fuel system, I mean the whole fuel system. Check the fuel line for cracks, as well as excessive softness/gumminess {could be collapsing or bending}, check the impulse/intake boot, and also the tank vent.

Put up a pic of the area with the air filter removed, as pics always help, because we are trying to help from afar.

Check that the sleeve and metal washer are on the intake boot where the carb mounts. Also have a look at the air filter/carb compensator. Make sure the rubber bushing connecting the AF to carb compensator and carb has not sucked in crud there

Clogged tank vent or weak impulse seems like a likely culprit. Leaky seals or intake usually cause a high idle...not the other way around.

Back