038 mag stripped case bolts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A hellicoil in aluminum/ magnesium is stronger then just threads in aluminum/magnesium it actually is said that aluminum/magnesium with a helical is stronger then threads In steel i have not tried this but all my aluminum big block nitromotors are helicoiled

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve thought about Heli-Coil the kit is a lot cheaper than the time sert, I was thinking that most plug holes are Heli-Coiled in, to keep from stripping out the aluminum heads
A hellicoil in aluminum/ magnesium is stronger then just threads in aluminum/magnesium it actually is said that aluminum/magnesium with a helical is stronger then threads In steel i have not tried this but all my aluminum big block nitromotors are helicoiled

en

I was thinking about a Heli-Coil kit also, they are definitely a lot cheaper. I’m going to try running the hole with a 5mm tap first and replacing the head bolts. If there’s a bunch of crap in there that’s causing them not to bind hopefully that will clear it. If not, on to something else. I’m with you guys though it doesn’t seem very likely that it will fix it, but it really puzzles me because the bolts torque down and there is no play or anything anywhere, just keep backing out even with blue.

I’ve thought about Heli-Coil the kit is a lot cheaper than the time sert, I was thinking that most plug holes are Heli-Coiled in, to keep from stripping out the aluminum heads

en

I was thinking about a Heli-Coil kit also, they are definitely a lot cheaper. I’m going to try running the hole with a 5mm tap first and replacing the head bolts. If there’s a bunch of crap in there that’s causing them not to bind hopefully that will clear it. If not, on to something else. I’m with you guys though it doesn’t seem very likely that it will fix it, but it really puzzles me because the bolts torque down and there is no play or anything anywhere, just keep backing out even with blue.
Cheaper ain't better I tried both! Cheaper wastes time and pisses you off do it right! Thank me later!

Back