041G need help getting it running in Sevierville, TN

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9ninjas

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all. Haven't been on the site in quite a long time. Have an 041G that was given to me and was told that maybe the coil had gone bad. So, don't have that much experience with fixing/troubleshooting and was wondering if anyone might be willing to help me figure this thing out. I live in Sevierville TN.

most likely it has points and the coil is ok

check plug wire going to plug and make sure its in good shape and not bare any ware

while you looking make sure intake is tight and gaskets good from cylinder to carb there a bunch of connections that can be loose also check impulse hose is good

it may also may have a bosch unit check the wire going to the kill switch for insolation breaking off

before you remove points plate or bosch plate put 2 marks on outside edge to mark timing so it can be reinstalled in the same place

you need a puller to get flywheel off

points are adjust thru flywheel

you'll have it off a buch of times to get points right

remove plug squirt some oil in cylinder because your going to turn flywheel counter clock wise to check spark leave plug out

Glock37,
Thanks for all the "tips" to start troubleshooting. I am probably about 100 miles away from Jamestown.

Latest posts

Back