044/440 Crankcase?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushswamper523

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright I am at it again. A buddy called and asked if I wanted a saw. Naturally I said yea. (Who wouldn't right). Well the saw has a broken case on the flywheel side. I am pretty sure it isn't fixable. So should I buy a case half, a whole used case, or aftermarket case? I would like to stay away from aftermarket if I can but I would like to get the saw together too. The saw was still running after the case broke. Log got rolled into it I guess. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 20220108_145822.jpg
    20220108_145822.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 20220108_145756.jpg
    20220108_145756.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 20220108_145751.jpg
    20220108_145751.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 25
I may have what you need, will have to check tomorrow. If I have it, it's yours for the ride.
Where are you in CA? If close enough, we may not have to rely on USPS.
Yeah man sounds good let me know once you check it out. I p'med you as well.

Alright so according to my SN it is 10 MM is there anything I need to know about the cases. Have they changed a bunch in the case or could I put a newer model case on it? Everything I have read talks about wrist pins flywheels ect. But nothing on the cases. I plan on using the 10 mm bottom end since I have it. Any info would be helpful. I am wondering if it is worth it to build or is it going to be a nightmare to find the correct parts for the 10 mm set up and if I do they are gold plated if you all catch my drift.

Alright so according to my SN it is 10 MM is there anything I need to know about the cases. Have they changed a bunch in the case or could I put a newer model case on it? Everything I have read talks about wrist pins flywheels ect. But nothing on the cases. I plan on using the 10 mm bottom end since I have it. Any info would be helpful. I am wondering if it is worth it to build or is it going to be a nightmare to find the correct parts for the 10 mm set up and if I do they are gold plated if you all catch my drift.

Here..... https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/quick-ms440-ms460-044-046-crankcase-id-pics.286267/

Thank you for that thread @scallywag. Back to trying to find a case half for a 10 mm. Or a complete bottom end. I appreciate all the info. I didnt realize how much different they all were. I will eventually bring this saw to life one way or another. Thanks guys.

If you do need a 10mm case, I'm sure I'll have something. I have a pile of parts saws especially 10mm
Hey thanks man. My funds are low for project saw right now. But when I get a few extra dollars I will hit you up and pick your brain on it. Now that I learned a little bit on them. I am going to need a new piston, I think I can save the cylinder. Also going to need all the plastics except the fuel tank. literally I have the handle with nothing in it but carb studs lol.. But I am definitely going to need some advice on this one.

Latest posts

Back