044 air filter on 036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope...Entirely different...

And the 036<>26 -same problem, but even more as you need the choke on the 026 air filter.

if you're just trying to gain performance, just take off the filter, time some cuts (keep dust down with a garden hose on spray) and you'll find almost no difference...

what about a vilosity stack with a cone filter saw some on modded saws anything to me gained for stock saw with duel port muffler

slowsuki said:
what about a vilosity stack with a cone filter saw some on modded saws anything to me gained for stock saw with duel port muffler

If I knew what you were talking about I'd answer! I can punctuate your text in several ways, and get different answers.

Lakeside53 said:
If I knew what you were talking about I'd answer! I can punctuate your text in several ways, and get different answers.

Hey Lakeside,

slowsuki could have possibly went to the same grammar school as me. I think he was trying to say this.

What about using a velocity stack with a cone filter? He has seen some people use them on modded saws. Also, is there anything to be gained by putting a dual ported muffler on a stock saw?

bcorradi said:
Hey Lakeside,

slowsuki could have possibly went to the same grammar school as me. I think he was trying to say this.

What about using a velocity stack with a cone filter? He has seen some people use them on modded saws. Also, is there anything to be gained by putting a dual ported muffler on a stock saw?

Hmmm, after reading your decoding, I think he's actually asking if the cone would give benefits to a stock saw that already had a dual port muffler added.

Same answer: try the saw if the air filter off. If you get a material improvement in cut times, maybe a bigger air filter would help. Keeping it clean will probably give more gain overall...

Some of us don't bother replying to people who aren't bright enough to write a legible sentence. It doesn't have to be perfect, just legible.

skwerl said:
Some of us don't bother replying to people who aren't bright enough to write a legible sentence. It doesn't have to be perfect, just legible.

slowsuki said:
so why are you responding

It is kind of hard to help when the reading is harder than it needs to be!:dizzy:

stacks

Let's see, went to GTG and saw ED kick all of our butts with saws with mufflers and air filters attached. In the hot saw competitions, most are ran without an air filter, as the pipe and porting are the most important mods. A clean fliter is the best.

Latest posts

Back