044 BB help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarkBuster20

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have an 044 i want to put a big bore p&C kit in it but it has 10 mm pin , so i need to switch to 12 mm. some people have said it cant be done and some say its something that is gonna be pretty difficult, has anyone done this? and is it worth while doing? thanks

Real quick. I dont think its worth it. You would have to split the case and swap out crank. For all that work,if your bottom end is OK,I would just put a stock P/C on it. Or ebay it and buy a 12mm 044/440.:greenchainsaw:

Real quick. I dont think its worth it. You would have to split the case and swap out crank. For all that work,if your bottom end is OK,I would just put a stock P/C on it. Or ebay it and buy a 12mm 044/440.:greenchainsaw:

:agree2:

i dunno that its worth it.

i salvaged my 10mm 044 muffler modded it and its true do all work horse.

but it seems 044 440s are easy to come by , ive built one from start to finish and have 2 more to do. another 10mm 044 and 440.

if you have the time and 100 bucks for the crank doesnt set you back to much then go for it. 100 bucks is alot of money to me and i realy doent want to mess with the crank unless necessary

Back