044 big bore kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hills bay performance

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My 044 is getting a little low on compression so im gonna do a new piston and rings . My question is does the big bore kit make enough of a difference power wise on these to make them worth the extra money ? I dont think the cylinder on it now is bad . I have a duel port muffler on it now and I do the majority of my cutting with this saw . Any suggestions will be appreciated

If I were you and you have a good cylinder just install new rings and crank seals. Worst thing maybe get a good meteor piston and you should be good to go.

Have you run a 460? That's pretty much what it would become. It might have a little more power but for the money I would stay stock if none of your major parts are bad. If the jug and slug are ruined then I might go for big bore and see what happens.

I'd keep your OEM cylinder for sure. The quality on some of those big bore cylinders are questionable. Save alittle more money and get it ported.

raise the compression to 190 area.make a new base gasket from a soda can. that should give you.021- .023 clearance.clean up the ports a little.

[QUOTE l hills bay performance, post: 5293064, member: 128866"]Im probably gonna stay with OEM stuff is the 460 cylinder and piston a direct swap ?[/QUOTE]
I believe there is some trimming involved for clearance.

Latest posts

Back