044 NEW TO ME---YEE HAW!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great deal you got. I thought I had a good lead on an 044. Dude agreed until I asked for the serial. Haven't heard back from him.

Take the top off. If fins are angled its most likely a 10mm.

thankyou.......and i will;)

There is no such thing as an ugly 044 that runs well, and to tell you the truth your saw looks pretty good, I have seen much worse looking ones that sold for over $300. You did great. My 044 has been my favorite for 20 years, and you will enjoy yours for a long time to come. Glad you got such a great deal, and extra glad the saw went to someone who will really appreciate it. Best of Luck.

MustangMike

well not that big deal,but i saw the bolt holding the brake arm on the fly wheel side was missing,got to looking and the ear behind the stater cover was broke off....so simple fix went to dealer,got the bolt and the bushing,stuck bolt thru starter cover,then pryed the cover up enough to get lock nut on it=presto problem solved....then on further inspection saw the bar tip was shot,so bought a new bar $42,then bought the pre air cleaner $4,bought new chain $29,then ask how much the actual air filter was and it was $44...wow.well get that later maybe,the filter dint look to bad...and i got to get some use out of this saw,before sinking any more money in it...thanks for all the great comments!.

Don't over look the fact that it doesn't have flippy caps. I love my big bore 044. It too is ugly. I prefer useful saws to look this way. Ugly speaks for itself. You don't get that look while sitting on a garage shelf.

was hoping to get it in some wood this weekend,but gota work tomorrow:cry:......maybe sunday:chainsaw:

That saw isn't that bad looking at all. On the filter, there are some decent aftermarket filters on Ebay, and I believe Baileys sells NWP filters (no experience with these). May not be as good as OEM, but don't cost $44 either. Nice looking saw, and ya cant beat the price. If it didn't run it was still worth what you paid.

just got a 044 off of craiglist..its a beater,but runs GREAT!!! I wanted one of these for ever.., Guy had a smaller saw for sale on craiglist,and thought to ask if he had anything bigger,he said no,pause.....well i do,but its little ruff,busted bottom chunck out of were you put your foot,small crack in breather cover,but runs,oils good,with good compression...whats the price he said 175.00,i about screamed!!!!! trying to keep my composure and said ok it sounds like something i might want,would have to see.....lol.....went looked at it,started 3 pull,brought it home.....starts good runs great,cuts like no tomorrow!!!!! AM I HAPPY---------YEE HAW-----YOU BET,ITS UGLY..BUT ITS A KEEPER..............................AND TOO THINK I WAS GOING TO SPEND 600 PLUS ON 50CC SAW NEW......................................................................................................................................................................................................O DID I SAY, YEE HAW...........;):clap::rolleyes::D......LIKE LITTLE KID AT CHRISTMAS!!

Great deal I just got a nice 044, I paid $250 and would not take $500 for the saw. You will be happy happy.

Your very lucky I paid 500 for one and its not worth 250 lol. You win some and lose some .

Latest posts

Back