044 problems.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas_cutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
so my 044 is actin dumb. had her started to show a buddy of mine what a real saw was like, and 20 minutes later were about ready to cut some wood and the chain wouldnt spin. loosened the chain, tightened the chain, still nothin. took the bar off and started it so i could watch the drive sprocket (i guess thats what youd call it?) and it doesnt turn. runs perfect. why???? it must be easy, or else ida figured it out by now! any help is appreciated, thanks in advance guys

Broken drive shaft? Pull the sprocket (remove the sir clip) and see if the clutch falls out. Or see if there are clutches in there.

First push it ahead to make sure it's on then pull back on it kind of hard it , you should hear a snapping sound when it comes off, if your brake is on the saw wouldn't rev up very high, if it does it might be a broken crank. Steve

kansas,
don't listen to those guys, they either don't know what their talking about or their trying to make fun of you..
it's a simple process that should only take 5 minutes or so..... i'll walk you through it....
1-remove bar nuts, side cover (white),bar and chain
2-remove flywheel cover white with little slots), starter wrope assembly (note the little black box with wires coming out for future reference)
3-remove rear plastic cover orange, the one that covers the air filter)
4-remove sparkplug wire (black) from sparkplug

now your ready to go, to reset the onboard computer (remember the little black box?) you simply pull the throttle trigger 3 times (only 3)..
now, you should be able to grasp the brake handle firmly and pull to the rear of the saw, and yes you should hear a snap..if you do you've been successful,
now you can reassemble everything, but, you must make sure to do it in exactly the opposite order as you disassembled them..... this is the correct procedure to not cause future damage to you saw, the other guys left out some VERY important steps.......
good luck, and happy cutting....

edit;;; think of it as rebooting your wireless router or your vonage device, important steps must be taken

Last edited:
kansas,
don't listen to those guys, they either don't know what their talking about or their trying to make fun of you..
it's a simple process that should only take 5 minutes or so..... i'll walk you through it....
2-remove flywheel cover white with little slots), starter wrope assembly (note the little black box with wires coming out for future reference)

now your ready to go, to reset the onboard computer (remember the little black box?) you simply pull the throttle trigger 3 times (only 3)..
now, you should be able to grasp the brake handle firmly and pull to the rear of the saw, and yes you should hear a snap..if you do you've been successful,
now you can reassemble everything, but, you must make sure to do it in exactly the opposite order as you disassembled them..... this is the correct procedure to not cause future damage to you saw, the other guys left out some VERY important steps.......
good luck, and happy cutting

Awesome description. Rep sent!

lol

kansas,

good luck, and happy cutting....

edit;;; think of it as rebooting your wireless router or your vonage device, important steps must be taken

I will remember next time you ask a rookie or dumb question, and I will run your ass through the ringer. This guy asked a legit question, and you respond like a total assclown. I bet you were born knowing everything, huh?

I got a feeling he may not want to ask any more questions,ever again.:mad:

Right. When ya have idiots like that bashin away on new members. Hell, I wouldn't want to stick around!. That was total crap. I just hope the guy posts back and doesn't give up on this place.

Latest posts

Back