044 question with pictures.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrafire2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a new 044 from ebay, and I just got it today. I am trying to find out some information about it. The top cover says 044 Magnum, but the label says 046 77cc! Does anyone know what the story is here?

From the pictures can anyone tell if it is a good saw/year? I am going to check compression soon. The cord has good resistance and when I hold it by the cord (no bar) it very slowly moves down. It looks a little beat-up and very used.

Thanks,
Rony

Well.. the tank label might say 1999... but the serial number says OLD 10mm wristpin 044... about 1993...

Last edited:
MD9903 means Manufacture date March 1999. In your case that's when the label was made - the serial number pre-date that by 6 years, and it's an 044.

Lakeside53,

Where do you see 1999? Is this a 046 or a 044? The lable is on the handle base.

Thanks,

Rony

The serial # tells the story Rony!!!!

All 044's prior to ser# 29 382 283,
are 10MM wristpin motos which were produced in 93 and earlier!!!!!:monkey: it has a 046 later year model tank and rear handle,,, or a sticker tatto job,,, pretty common for Fleabay tactics,,, hey if it runs go with it!!!

Last edited:
Looks like a junk pile special, four saws into one. If it runs, what's the diff? Of course, it depends if you got hosed on the price.

It likely had a tank replacement sometime. The 046 tank doesn't fit well... you might want to look at the filter base to see what he did to make it "fit".

The seller did no wrong.... it's an 044... and Saw-king is no Ebay newbie - read all the fine print - or ignore everything except "as-is".

Don't sweat the 046 tank - mine has one too...

Last edited:
Well my very uneducated guess is that they will take it back with you paying the shipping and you don't get to buy anything from them again. But they may tell you, you bid on a 044 and got a 044. They did not say how many saws it took to make that 044 and you did not ask. Good luck.

Last edited:
The seller did no wrong.... it's an 044... and Saw-king is no Ebay newbie - read all the fine print - or ignore everything except "as-is".

Don't sweat the 046 tank - mine has one too...

The problem is that the rear handle is broken and it looks beat up. Hi did not mention these obvious flows.

Rony

Well my very uneducated guess is that they will take it back with you paying the shipping and you don't get to buy anything from them again. But they may tell you you bid on a 044 and got a 044. They did not say how many saws it took to make that 044 and you did not ask. Good luck.

You are correct, but if it was me I would point to all of those flaws. I don't know but maybe I am expecting too much. :deadhorse:

Back