044 Stihl Crank and BB Cylinder Kit for $66?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottnc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was given a dirty beyond description, seized 044 magnum. Good cylinder but the rod big-end is a bit blue and the crank is stiff to turn. At a minimum it needs a piston, rings and crank/rod assembly. Coil and flywheel are MIA too.

The first search hit was Ebay. Crank and rod assembly, 52mm cylinder, piston/pin and rings, ignition coil, gaskets and seals plus various sundry items How is that even possible for $66? Manufacturer not mentioned or visible in the add. I assume it's too good to be true and is buyer beware? Who makes a solid quality replacement crank/rod assembly for a fair price.

Have you checked with HLSupply?

I have bought bars and a few other things from them, I get their email ads frequently, and they often have some really smokin deals

HLSupply’s ads have all kinds of parts P&C kits jugs cranks, carbs, filters and more, some are OEM, some are listed as “Non Genuine “ I believe that I have seen Meteor and Hiway listed

Everything that I have bought from them has been as advertised and shipped in a timely manner

I would buy from HLSupply again, just make sure that you know what you are ordering

Doug

Back