044 tank vent help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Gut

A Fine Pilsner
Reaction score
Aside from replacing it and the saw shop isn't open today, I pulled it apart the orange grommet seems fine, the filter is intact, and the cap fits snuggly. Is there anything else to check or do, the saw was empty and when I toped it off it started leaking and it never did this before? Do the grommets just wear out?

Aside from replacing it and the saw shop isn't open today, I pulled it apart the orange grommet seems fine, the filter is intact, and the cap fits snuggly. Is there anything else to check or do, the saw was empty and when I toped it off it started leaking and it never did this before? Do the grommets just wear out?

They will distort with time and exposure to bad/ old fuel, the replacement number 1110 353 1600 from your local Stihl dealer should fix this problem.

my 044 was doing the same thing,i replaced the little rubber valve ,still no good ,my saw runs the clear plastic tubing with the threaded bits shoved in it for a tank vent..........well it did ,i got rid of the clear tubing in place of the filter breather and hose off a ms290/390,i have not had any problems whatsoever regarding the tank vent or saw performance after the switch:msp_thumbup:
View attachment 214577

Last edited:
my 044 was doing the same thing,i replaced the little rubber valve ,still no good ,my saw runs the clear plastic tubing with the threaded bits shoved in it for a tank vent..........well it did ,i got rid of the clear tubing in place of the filter breather and hose off a ms290/390,i have not had any problems whatsoever regarding the tank vent or saw performance after the switch:msp_thumbup:
View attachment 214577

This one has the orange grommet that comes in from the tank, then a sintered filter, and then a cover. All seem fine and it never gave me problems before so WTF. I wonder if the black style my 460 has would work I will have to see if it will fit. If I crack the cap you can hear the presure release so its making a seal..

View attachment 214577

I did that on an 028 Super. I like that fix, works great, and you can mount the vent anywhere you want!

This one has the orange grommet that comes in from the tank, then a sintered filter, and then a cover. All seem fine and it never gave me problems before so WTF. I wonder if the black style my 460 has would work I will have to see if it will fit. If I crack the cap you can hear the presure release so its making a seal..
did u ever fix that problem?

Back